August 23rd, 2021
Thank you for a Great Start to the 21-22 School Year!
In this week's newsletter...
- Arrival/Dismissal Reminders
- IPEF Car Visor Sale
- Safety Week
- COVID Notification Procedures
- IPSD 204 Fall Plans
- Patriot Guidebook
- Breakfast/Lunch Menus
- Important Dates
- PTA Point: Patriot Spirit Day Wednesday
- PTA Point: PTA Membership
- PTA Point: Spirit Wear
- PTA Point: Noodles Night Sept. 9th
- PTA Point: Volunteer Opportunities
- PTA Point: WhatsApp
- PTA Point: Kendall Connect
- Car Riders: please be sure your child is ready to exit the car (mask on, backpack within reach, etc.)
- Car Riders: please pull all the way forward to allow up to 10 student to exit at once
- Be sure not to block driveways of our neighbors.
- Be sure that your child knows their dismissal plan. If they are a walker, they should know their exit door number. If they are a car rider, they should know their car number. If they are a bus rider, they should know their bus number and stop. You may want to add a tag to your child's backpack with their dismissal plan.
- Try not to change your dismissal plan as it is confusing for students. If you have to change the plan, be sure to tell your child in the morning and email their teacher. For emergency changes, call the office before 3:00.
- Car Riders: please display your car number prior to arrival for pick up. When you arrive, you should be focused on driving safely and not focused on your number sign.
- Car Riders: please pull all the way forward to allow as many students as possible to load at one time. Leaving space slows the line down.
- Car Riders: please be patient when students are loading, they are learning the process.
- Car Riders: Be sure not to block driveways of our neighbors.
- Walkers: The end of the circle drive is NOT a designated place to cross Meadow Lake. There is not a painted crosswalk and the city has not designated this as a safe crossing. All students and parents are to cross with our crossing guards at the intersections of Meadow Lake/Royal Worlington OR Meadow Lake/Pradel.
- Bus Riders: Our Transportation Service is extremely short staffed and may need to double up routes. This means that your child's bus may be late dropping off or picking up. We are hoping the length of delay will reduce in the coming weeks.
Car Number Visor Sign
You can support our Kendall IPEF Team by purchasing a Car Number Visor Sign for Dismissal. Simply, complete this ORDER FORM and send $3 to school in an envelop labeled with your child's name and "IPEF." Once we receive your payment, we will send a visor sign home with your child.
Thank you for supporting our Kendall IPEF Team!
Examples of Topics:
- Fire Safety including a Fire Drill on Tuesday, August 31st at 9:15 a.m.
- Weather Safety including a Weather Drill on Wednesday, September 1st at 2:00 p.m.
- Secure Building Safety including a Secure Building Drill on Thursday, September 2nd at 9:15 a.m.
- Early Dismissal or Late Arrival to School
- Walking to School Safety
- Bike Safety
- and More!
We encourage all of our Kendall Families to review your home safety plans as well!
If you would like your child to be exempt from any of the drills noted above, please contact our office to make arrangements to pick them up from school prior to our scheduled drill.
Notification of Positive COVID-19 Cases in Schools
Positive cases of COVID-19 in your child's school can be found on the District's COVID Dashboard. The dashboard includes all positive cases of COVID-19 reported to District 204 for individuals who were on campus. The information is updated each Monday by 4 pm. If your child is in close contact with someone who tested positive, a member of the COVID-19 Response Team will notify you directly regarding the need to quarantine as a precaution. Additional information found on this page includes the current transmission level and a link to the corresponding mitigation strategies.
Detailed Information Regarding IPSD204 Comprehensive Education Program including Health and Safety Protocols
Save the Dates!
MORE DETAILS COMING SOON...
Wednesday, August 25th: Patriot Spirit Day
Monday, August 30th - Friday, September 3rd: Safety Week (Practice Safety Drills)
Monday, September 6th: No School - Labor Day
Tuesday, Sepetember 7th: No School - Institute Day
Thursday, September 9th: PTA Restaurant Night @ Noodles 4:00-8:00
Thursday, September 16th: Picture Day
Kendall PTA Points
PTA Membership is more than half of our budget to put on social events for students and support our Kendall Staff. We are excited for the ability to offer many more of our 'usual' activities for the upcoming school year! We will need YOUR PTA MEMBERSHIP and SUPPORT to make that happen!
**Must be a paid PTA Member to volunteer for PTA events in your student’s classroom.**
Click here to see if you are registered and paid: https://bit.ly/2021-2022KendallPTAMembers
If not, visit kendall.memberhub.com/store to purchase your membership.
Kendall Spirit Wear
Wear your Kendall Spirit Wear for Patriot Power Spirit Days! Spirit wear can be purchased now OR after the start of 2022 at kendall.memberhub.com/store. Orders for spirit wear will close on September 8th. New this year is our Kendall Elementary All Star Student water bottle sticker. Write your student's name, peel and stick to their take-to-school water bottle. No more water bottles at the oops table!
Eat Noodles. Support Kendall!
That’s how easy it is to participate in our first Restaurant Night of the school year on Thursday, September 9th! Noodles & Company will donate 25% of participating sales to our PTA! Enter code GIVING25 if ordering online or through the app!
There are many times throughout the year that the PTA needs volunteers to help directly with your student's enrichment. Some activities are directly in their classroom, while others support their classroom, teacher or grade level. We look forward to offering more 'usual' volunteering and activities this 2021-2022 school year while also respecting current state and local restrictions due to the pandemic. Please take a minute to review these activities and let us know how you can help! New this year, we will be implementing a Room Parent for each class. State your interest in the link provided.
Be in the KNOW with what’s happening at Kendall Elementary… join our WhatsApp chats!
Download WhatsApp to your phone and register at the link provided to be invited to join the grade level and/or RISE Program WhatsApp Group for your student(s) associated grade(s).