Volume 18, Issue 9 Friday, December 2, 2022
What is coming up?
- December 5-January 13 - Recycle Christmas Lights at SCE and Admin Building - Bins outside Doors 1 and 2
- December 5-16 - NWEA Mid-Year Assessments - Charge your iPads!
- Wednesday, December 7 Third Grade Music Program 6PM
- Thursday, December 8 - uPaint Pottery Night in Cafe - See Flyer Below
- Wednesday, December 14 - Dine to Donate at Papa John's - Flyer coming soon
- Friday, December 16 - Special Holiday Lunch - See Flyer below
- Monday, December 19 - Wednesday, January 4 - Winter Break, NO SCHOOL
- Thursday, January 5 - Return to School after Winter Break
Congratulations to SCE's Super Spell Bowl Team! NUMBER ONE in the State!
🚙Car drop-off is from 7:30-7:40AM🚗 Students who arrive after staff have gone inside must be walked to the Office by an adult. Thanks.
We Can Use Coats You Don't Use
Some students need to borrow coats for recess some days.
We also give students who don't have coats a coat to keep.
If you have extras in good used condition, we would accept donations gratefully.
Thanks for keeping our kids warm!
Call us - Leave a Voicemail - Send an Email - Update SDM
- Is your student going to be absent or late?
- Are you traveling extra days around school breaks?
- Is your student leaving for an appointment?
Please update School Dismissal Manager, call 317-915-4270 and leave a voicemail, or email firstname.lastname@example.org and your student's teacher .
Thanks! We appreciate hearing from our families.
Holiday Assistance for SCE families
I hope that you had a wonderful Thanksgiving break and were able to rest and recharge. As the holiday season approaches, I am looking for local businesses, churches, HOAs, or community members to help provide holiday assistance for SCE families who may need a little extra this season. If you are interested in collaborating with me on this project, please let me know!
You can either email me: email@example.com or call me: (317) 915-4270.
I look forward to hearing from you!
Recycle old Holiday Lights
JUST THE FACTS:
- This will be the third year for the holiday light recycling program!
- During the 2020/2021 season you helped collected and recycle 3,519 pounds of holiday lights!
- During the 2021/2022 season you helped collect and recycle 4,711 pounds of holiday lights.
- In two years of recycling holiday lights, you have helped recycle the equivalent weight of a Ford F250.
- Your small choices have helped prevent a total of 8,230 pounds of plastic, metal, and glass from ending up in a landfill. You are helping have a HUGE impact.
Please leave only the lights - no tinsel, greenery, or bags that have to be pulled out before they're recycled. Thanks!
Click to visit the HSE District's Food Services site and access all lunch menus. The Lunch Menu is available anytime via Parent Square. In the App, click on "More" and "Links."
Where Do PTO Funds Go?
- Field Trips
- Greenhouse upkeep
- Agriculture Day
- Spell Bowl
- Green Home Folders
- First Friday Shirts
- Staff/Teacher funds
- Helper Funds
- So much more!
Please visit the SCE website to see the PTO Budget for 2022-2023.
Click here for more information and to sign up for PTO's many volunteer opportunities.
We appreciate your support that helps us make SCE a great place to learn!
Reach out to SCE's PTO team at sandcreekPTO@gmail.com anytime!
Box Tops for Education
At Kroger.com, search Community Rewards. Link your Shopper's Card to Sand Creek Elementary and you're good to go.
Mr. Tesch's Ornithologists of the Month
Kindergarten: Mrs. Weppler's Class
- Annie Vogelsang
First Grade: Mrs. Lanane’s Class
- Thomas Mooney
Second Grade: Mrs. Nolan's’ Class
- Sydney Ealy
Third Grade: Mrs. Kelly's’ Class
- Ayaan Saiyed
Fourth Grade: Mrs. Evan's Class
- Kalen Noble
To qualify for Ornithologist of the Month, students need to show a basic knowledge of the bird of the month and then be selected by drawing. These students are entitled to a certificate of recognition, a bird identification sheet from Cornell Labs and a pick from Mr. Tesch's Treasure Box.
Music Links - Songs for Each Grade
Social Emotional Learning Lessons - Week 12
Kindergarten: Growth Mindset and Goal Setting - We Watch, We Listen, We Think
- Students will be able to demonstrate how they pay attention.
First Grade: Growth Mindset and Goal Setting - Everyone Gets Distracted
- Students will be able to suggest behaviors that can help them pay attention when they encounter distractions.
Second Grade: Growth Mindset and Goal Setting - How to Get Good at Something
- Students will be able to identify things they’ve done to get good at something.
Third Grade: Growth Mindset and Goal Setting - More than Practice
- Students will be able to make a practice plan with a partner.
Fourth Grade: Getting Focused - How your Brain Works
- Students will learn about the three parts of their brains that help them think and respond to stress.
Please click here to visit the HSE District Page for more information on Social Emotional Learning.
Social emotional learning (SEL) is the process through which children and adults acquire and apply skills necessary to understand and manage emotions, set and achieve positive goals, feel and show empathy for others, establish and maintain positive relationships, and make responsible decisions.
Hamilton Southeastern Schools believes that these skills, along with academic knowledge, will prepare our students to succeed in life beyond their school years.
Social and emotional skills are often referred to as one’s emotional intelligence or EQ. According to CASEL there is growing research that suggests the IQ and EQ are connected and both critical in the development of the “whole child.” Research shows that students with strong SEL skills have increased academic performance and are less likely to engage in risk taking behaviors.
Click to visit the HSE website for this year's calendar and for the next two school years. The Calendar is also linked in Parent Square - in the app, click More on the bottom right, then Links.
Sand Creek Elementary
11420 East 131st Street, Fishers, Indiana 46038
Building Hours 7AM- 3:30PM
Assistant Principal Christina Vetter