A trip into history
When Was the Ancient Olympics?
The Olympics were usually held between August 6 - September 19. It was a 1 day event until 684 B.C. Which after that it was a 5 day event.
What Kinds Of Events Were In The Ancient Olympics?
- Wars Stopped during the Olympics
- No women were allowed in the Olympics they had something separate
- Married women were not allowed to watch the men games younger girls could
- The winner got a crown of leaves also cash reward from there city state
- A cheating athlete was whipped
The Olympics were stopped by Emperor Theodosius but it 1896 it restarted. The first modern Olympics were in 1896 in Athens, Greece. The Olympics were held every 4 years. In 1894 Pierre de Coubertin had the idea about 79 delegates from 9 countries went into the Olympics. The first successful Olympics were in Paris 1924
How Was the Olympics Changed Throughout The Years?
Many Sports have been added there were only 10 sports in the Ancient Olympics. Also now the Olympics are held in a different place every 4 years and in Ancient Olympics they were only held in one place
"History of the First Ancient Olympics." Olympic.org. N.p., 2015. Web. 5 May 2016.
"The Olympic Games." Www.history.com. N.p., 2016. Web. 5 May 2016.
Book: Claybourne, Anna. Ancient Greece. Chicago, IL: Raintree, 2007. Print.
Book: The Ancient Greeks. Chicago: Pat Taylor, 2007. Print.