The Manning Weekly Newsletter
August 17th, 2018
On Thursday after our first day of school, a Manning mom met her son outside our front doors and asked him, "How was your first day?" His response: "Today was legitimate."
Our hope is that the majority of our students felt similarly and left school feeling that Manning will be a good place for them. As a staff, we wanted to use these first two days to accomplish a few things:
- orient the students to a new environment
- help them understand our rules and norms
- show them that we are a friendly and welcoming place
We did this through an orientation schedule, an end-of-day assembly, and ice breaker activities throughout the day. It's nice to have these first couple days to settle back into the routine of school, and then come back on Monday ready to go.
One thing I learned these first two days is ... Your kids are great! Thank you for sending them to us!
David / Mr. Luongo
On the First Day, Students Get a Tour of the Building
7th and 8th grade students will be receiving their Chromebooks during Access on Monday Aug 20.
6th graders will be getting their Chromebooks during their Language Arts class on Tues/Wed Aug 21-22.
Parents, make sure your student has a Sleeve Case with zipper – for 11.6” Chromebook to keep it from getting damaged when transporting it in between classes and school to home.
- Those of you who pull into the old bus loop on the north side of the building off of 32nd Avenue, keep in mind you can also keep going past the bus loop and pull into the one way loop in front of the school. In the mornings, that loop had fewer cars.
- You do not need to pick up your student exactly at 3:25. It will take them a few minutes to pack their bag and leave the building. We will provide supervision outside until 3:45, so feel free to come anytime between 3:25 and 3:45. Staggering our arrival times will help a lot with the flow of traffic.
Middle School Sports Program
Join Running Club!
Manning is now offering Running Club to all students every Tuesday from 3:30 - 4:15. This is in addition to the opportunity to run cross country, so you can participate in one or the other or both. We hope to utilize Manning’s track and get some neighborhood runs in! Our first meeting time is Tuesday, August 21st at 3:30. Meet with Mrs. Pouliot and Ms. Agard in B3 (Ms. Agard’s classroom) after school.
Please send any questions to Ms. Agard (Shauna.Agard@jeffco.k12.co.us).
Thank You to Everyone Who Brought in Tissues and Other Office Supplies!
StuCo Welcomes Students to Our Assembly
A Fashion Show Demonstrated What NOT to Wear to School
At Manning, we strive to live our core values every day.
- Trenton Steeves. After winning the tug of war with his 6th grade team, Trenton went over to the 7th grade team and shook hands with each member of their team.
- Charlie Labbo. Another student dropped his binder, and all of his papers fell out. Charlie stopped to help this student reorganize his things.
Payton Linseman for holding the door for a whole group of students entering the building first thing in the morning.