Ludlow Independent Schools
Plan for the 4th Quarter
CDC Guideline Changes Allow Us to Go Back In Person All Day, Beginning March 11
How Will This Look?
- Beginning March 11, students in K-12 will have the option to report in-person for a full day of school, 7:50 AM - 3:15 PM, Monday through Friday. We will no longer have AM and PM sessions; All in-person students will be on campus all day long.
- If parents/guardians feel strongly about the need to keep their child virtual for the remainder of the year, they may choose that option. Virtual students will be expected to connect online following the full day schedule.
- Preschool students will remain half day, as with any other school year. The extended day Learning Grove option that some students are enrolled in already, will remain in place.
- Students who attend Gateway or the BIA Program would continue to follow the type of learning (virtual or in-person) that their particular program offers for that portion of their day .
Other Items for Your Consideration:
- Safety remains a priority for us. Protocols will be continued, including masking, sanitizing desks, and social distancing at 6 feet to the greatest extent possible. We will continue to remind students to wash hands regularly and use hand sanitizer. Students will still be screened and temperature-checked as they arrive. Parents will still be asked to keep their child home from school if they are ill, showing any symptoms, or have a temperature. We know these measures will help in the mitigation of COVID-19 spread.
- Students who participate on a spring athletic team will be expected to report on campus for in-person learning rather than stay virtual.
- Students who wish to participate in some of the possible end-of-year activities, such as a modified version of Prom or Senior Night, will be expected to report on campus for in-person learning during the 4th quarter. Graduation will be held, in some fashion, for both in-person and virtual students.
Confirm or Change Your Child's Learning Plan
If you would like to change your child's learning plan (either move from in-person to virtual, or move from virtual to in-person), you should contact your child's school counselor by Wednesday, March 3.