Success Rooted in a Community of Learners
A Peek at the Week: February 13th - February 19th
Specials Week 1
"Kindness Counts Week"
Sunday, February 14
9:30 - 12:30 School Open
Monday, February 15
Professional Learning Day
6:00 School opens
11:30 - 12:00 Lunch in Faculty Room (Subway, Chips, Drinks provided)
12:00 - 1:00 PBIS presentation
1:00 - 3:00 Gifted Referrals in conference room
7:00 School closes
Tuesday, February 16
7:15 - 7:45 Chess Club
3:05 - 4:05 Professional Learning
- K/1 - Jessica Szymanski's room
- 2/3 - Third grade PBL lab
- 4/5 - Meerkat lab
- Instructional Support/Pre-K - Media Center
Wednesday, February 17
7:15 - 7:45 Witzzle Pro
7:15 - 7:45 Art Club
Tebo the Tooth in the movement room
- 11:30 - 12:00 2nd grade
- 12:00 - 12:30 Kindergarten
- 12:30 - 1:00 First Grade
11:30 Cluster Principal Meeting @ Alcova
3:00 - 3:45 BTC/Tutoring
Thursday, February 18
Book Fair Preview Day
7:15 - 8:00 Chorus
3:00 - 4:00 Jr Gems
3:00 - 4:00 Readers Rally
3:00 - 4:00 Robotics
3:00 - 4:00 Creative Arts Club
Friday, February 19
8:30 AP Cluster Meeting @ Alcova
Book Fair Preview Day
February 23: Spring Pictures
February 24-25: Early Release/Parent Conferences
February 25: Bingo Night
March 1: Read Across America Day / Pajama Day/ Hat Day
Formative Evaluation # 2
Kindness Counts Week is February 16-19
During this week, we will be focusing on kindness and postive behaviors through morning announcements.
Tuesday: Teachers will have kindness stickers for each student to wear.
Wednesday: National Random Acts of Kindness Day: Teachers will have a slip of paper for each student. I will discuss Random Acts of Kindness on announcements this morning. Sometime today, please have each student write a Random Act of Kindness that they could do for someone else on their slip of paper. Please turn the slips in to me by Thursday morning.
Thursday: Teachers will have a bookmark to give each student with 10 ways to show kindness. I will talk about these 10 things on morning announcements.
Friday: A kindness chain will be displayed with students' random acts of kindness. A list of kindness activities for families will go home in Friday folders.
Early Release Schedule
Read Across America Bingo for Books Lunch Schedule Tuesday, March 1st
11:00 – 11:30 1st grade
11:05 - 11:35 3rd grade
11:50 - 12:20 4th grade
11:55 - 12:25 2nd grade
12:40 - 1:10 5th grade
12:45 - 1:15 Kindergarten
- Sara Brotherton is in Alabama with her father who is currently receiving hospice care.
- Kari Black's husband, Les, had surgery on his shoulder Wednesday and is recovering nicely.
- Angela Lawson's mother had surgery on Friday. I will update with information as it becomes available on both her mother and father.
- It is good to have Lisa Holmes back with us after her surgery. We missed you Lisa!
This is what I am fascinated with right now!
- Thanks to Patrice, Kari, Angela, and Becky for working out all the details to ensure that the fieldtrip to Dacula High School was a success!
- Thanks to Susan Noland for coordinating Maker Space activities
- Kudos to kindergarten and first grade for putting on a great PBL visitation day!
- Second grade has submitted a proposal to present at the Digital Learning Conference this summer.