C-Heights Band Updates
May 25, 2021
End of Year Performances - Wednesday 5/26 @ Cardinal Heights
Performances will happen on Wednesday May 26th at the end of our regularly scheduled rehearsals:
- Wind Symphony & 9th Grade - 10:30am (rehearsal starts at 9:45am)
- Jazz Band - 11:30am (rehearsal starts at 11am)
- 8th Grade Bands - 12:30pm (rehearsal starts at 12pm)
- Concerts will be recorded and live-streamed at this link so students at home can play along and families & friends can watch
- Rehearsals will still begin at normal times (see above)
- Students should bring home instruments to return at this concert
- Student that normally do not attend the Wednesday rehearsals are encouraged to still attend this if at all possible - we would love for them to join us!
- There is no uniform - students can wear typical school clothes. We welcome students to show off their band swag if they have any!
- Performance will be held outside of door #31, weather permitting (on the front side of Cardinal Heights). If the weather does not cooperate, we will have our performance under the tent in the back of Cardinal Heights.
- Families and friends are welcome to bring blankets and lawn chairs to listen to the performance. We ask that you maintain social distancing while attending the performances. No chairs will be provided for audience members.
- All audience members are required to wear masks during the concert and maintain social distancing. This is in accordance with school policy.
School Instrument Return
Many students also checked out stands at the beginning of the year. These should also be returned to school.
Students continuing in band (both at Cardinal Heights and the High School) will have instruments checked out to them prior to the end of the school year.
We encourage students who are renting instruments from music stores to keep instruments over the summer so that you can practice.
Marching band opportunity
All band students are invited to participate in a free fall marching bnad experience. The Sound of Sun Prairie Marching Band will rehearse Aug 126-20 from 5-9 PM at the high school. Students will then have a performance at the first home football game in the new Bank of Sun Prairie Stadium on Aug 27.
All of this information including the registration August registration form can be found at this link - registration due June 10
THANK YOU & Stay tuned!
As the year comes to a close, thank you again for all the patience, feedback, support, and understanding as we've juggled a year of music education we could never imagine. Mrs. Diallo & Mr. Melrose are excited to finish this year by actually playing as full bands and continue that into next school year.
- We'll be in contact about starting band next fall. We are excited that even more band students will be involved in Cardinal Heights Bands. It's not too late to invite new faces - whether they've played before or not.
- Some summer music camps will be happening this summer. If interested please contact us and we'll give you more information. There are opportunities for both in-person and virtual options.
See you soon!
Mrs. Diallo & Mr. Melrose