By: Sally Lee
2. In the US, suicide rates are highest when it is spring.
3. Suicide is the 3rd leading cause of death for ages 15- 24 year olds.
4. On average, a person commits suicide every 16.2 minutes.
5. Each suicide intimately impacts six other people.
6. About 2/3 of people who complete suicide are depressed at the time of their deaths. Depression that is untreated, not diagnosed, or ineffectively treated is the number 1 cause of suicide.
7. There is 1 suicide very 25 attempts.
8. Males make up 79% of suicide while women think of suicide.
9. Over 50% of suicides are completed with fire arm.
10. 1 in 65,000 children ages 10 to 14 commit suicide every year.
Citation: "11 Facts About Suicide." 11 Facts About Suicide. N.p., n.d. Web. 30 May 2015.