the gilded age
- Organized the standard oil company.
- He became one of the richest men in his time.
- During his life time he donated more than 500 million dollars to philanthropic causes.
- Invented the telephone in 1876
- 1876, bell was the first to be awarded U.S Patent for inventing the telephone.
- He has also invented hydrofoil, aeronautics, also one of the many founders of national geographic.
- Organized the American federation of labor in 1886.
- In his early life Samuel made cigars.
- He almost went to jail in 1911 for publishing a boycott list with John Mitchell.
- Adapted by congress in 1887.
- it authorized the president to survey American Indians tribal land and divide it into allotments for individual Indians.
- Senator Henry Dawes published the Dawes Act.