The Kirk Fenton Pro
Weekly newsletter for staff 5th April 2019
Messages, Information, reminders and notices
- Returning to school after illness - If you have been off ill, it is important that you come and see me on your return before going to class as I need to complete a return to work interview. Many thanks
- Behaviour and Complaints Logs - These logs are now set up in the School Improvement drive and will be looked at by Ofsted (and me!). Please ensure that you are logging any complaints from parents and also any behaviour incidents that you need to report to parents.
- PE Kits - Can you please ensure that children are wearing the school PE kit as there seems to be a lot of variation creeping in. This is one of the non-negotiables and children will have to conform at high school! Spare kit can be found in the lost property box usually, should it be required.
- Easter Service - Rev Simon will be leading events in Church on Friday 12th April 9:30 am for KS1 and Reception, 11:00 am for KS2 .
- Fully Funded Level 2 Courses - The MAT has teamed up with the Skills learning network to provide fully funded level 2 courses. The course each have several hours of study but are online so not loads of essay writing! The list of courses can be found at https://thestarmat.theskillsnetwork.com/ Please let me know before you sign up so it can be added to our training records.
- Staff Meetings - Please see link below for next term's staff meetings - All welcome
Diary Dates Next Week
Monday 8th -
- 13:00 Y3 & 4 in hall - The Vikings are Coming!
- 14:00 Amanda Whittaker to see SM (Y5)
- 15:30 SLT Meeting
Tuesday 9th -
- 09:15 Sue Coward to see EH (Y5)
- 09:30 Amelia Formstone to see OD/ AG (YR)
- 13:30 Tadcaster Fire service to see KS2
Wednesday 10th -
- 08:00 KW to MAT HT Meeting
- 10:00 Rev Simon to visit Nursery
- 13:00 JMcK meeting Jigsaws
- 17:00 Y1 Phonics Screening Parents Meeting
Thursday 11th -
- 09:00 CTu SLT course (am)
- 10:00 JMcK MAT Finance & Admin Meeting @SHS
- 13:00 KH to Sherburn Hungate (SEN)
- 13:00 KS2 x 10 to Tag Rugby @Kellington
Friday 12th -
- 09:30 KS1 & Reception to Church
- 10:00 Jigsaws to visit
- 11:00 Farmer Carl visiting Y1
- 14:45 Y1 Phonics Screening session
Thank you and Well done.....
Thank you to all involved with Donna Kettle's visit on Wednesday - lots of positive things observed and clear progress being made across EYFS & KS1 - well done!
Judith - For all your support as always, but especially during this long week, from Kerry
This week's birthdays....
This week we are saying happy birthday to: