Bobcat Update - Braymer High School
Principal Scott Guilkey - May Newsletter
Parent/Student Pick-up Days
- May 12th & 13th: Student pick-up & return of materials (including returning textbooks, devices, paying bills, cleaning out lockers, and picking up other items still at school).
- Times for picking up and dropping off items will be 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM on May 12th & 13th (Tuesday & Wednesday next week).
- Only two families will be allowed in the building at a time.
- This will also be a time for you to pay any outstanding lunch balances or fines, as well as turn in any school uniform, books and other school property.
- Laptops/Chromebooks checked out to students in dual credit classes should be returned on these dates.
- JH/HS students will have access to their lockers to collect belongings. JH/HS teachers will have tables set up in the cafeteria for students to drop off items to teachers, as well as collect any items teachers may have had to return to students.
- PBS shirts that were ordered are also on a separate table, orders are bagged up with order forms stapled to them.
Graduation is currently scheduled to be held at the school on Sunday, July 19th at 2:00 PM.
Summer & Next School Year
- As you've already heard, Summer School for 2020 has been canceled. Students in grades 9-11 who fail to earn credit for second semester may have to repeat courses next school year, or make-up credit in Summer School 2021.
- It is currently our plan to send out information about scheduling classes for next year later this month.
We are excited to announce the rescheduling of Prom to Friday, July 17th at The Elms in Excelsior Springs. We also plan on holding Project Prom immediately following Prom. Both Prom & Project Prom are dependent on the continuing opening of businesses, easing of restrictions on businesses, and allowance of large group gatherings. While this is not a guarantee at this point, we have reservations made and are hopeful we can still hold Prom and Project Prom. More details will be released at a future date.