5th Grade Newsletter
OUR WIGs - Wildly Important Goals!!
- Perfect Attendance for each homeroom (by class and student) from now until the end of the year.
- Accelerated Math - 5,000 objectives collectively in 5th grade by the End of the Year
- Accelerated Math - We met our 2nd short term goal of 2,500 objectives!! YAY! Our new short term goal is:
- Weekly Conduct - Our goal is 90% of 5th grade students will have a weekly conduct score of S.
Mrs. Cook - Language Arts & Social Studies
For the rest of the year we will be reviewing language arts skills. Our next social studies topic is the Civil War. We will be reading "Freedom Crossing" to integrate social studies and our review of language arts skills.
*Don't forget to read EVERY night!
*Passage due Thursday.
*NO WTW for the rest of the year.
Ms. Price - Math
Accelerated math is homework every night!
Mrs. Young - Science
- Interactions in ecosystems (Food chain, producer, consumer, decomposer)
- Single and multi-celled organisms
- Finishing up with body systems
Info for Parents & Students
- Please be sure to sign your child's planner each night in PEN with your FULL name (no initials). Students need to be proactive by bringing their planner to you with all of their homework listed.
- Each Friday there will be a conduct grade written into your child's planner. This conduct grade takes into consideration behavior, talking, work ethic (classwork & homework), and how well the 7 Habits have been followed each week.