Ms. Starr's Class News
What's Happening in 3rd Grade!!
Important Dates to Remember
Sept. 7: Labor Day Holiday- No School
Sept. 15: Progress Reports
PTA Meeting- 6:30
Sept. 21: Fundraiser Begins
Learning Ahead: September 8th-11th
Science: We will dig into the different science tools and process skills we use during investigations.
Word Work: We have completed our first whole class word list. We will be practicing together all the many ways to sort our words. Our assessment for these words will not be on Fridays unless otherwise stated.
Writing/LA: We will be discovering the writing process this week and how to use it.
Reading/Social Studies: We will be learning about good fit books, how to help with unknown words, using cardinal and intermediate directions, and using a map grid.
Math: We will work on the many ways to represent a number, comparing, ordering, and rounding numbers,
Reading Story: "The Trial of Cardigan Jones"
Target Skill: Conclusions Target Strategy: Infer & Predict
Target Vocabulary: Compound Words
- Be on the lookout for directions for our reading program Istation. I will be letting you know how often your child should be getting on this program at home.
- Give HVE a helping hand and join the PTA today! It’s easy to become a member, just go towww.JoinPTA.org and register online.
- Please buy a HVE spirit shirt for $9.
- Sign up for remind. Text 81010 with the message @starrcl
- We are working tons in Google. Make sure that when I share something with the students or you that the right person is logged in. If you don't have access to something it is normally because the wrong account is logged in.
Wednesday - Art
Thursday - PE
Friday - Tech