Glade Creek News
Week of May 4, 2015
Teacher Appreciation Week: ALL STAFF - please enjoy a special lunch in the staff kitchen on Monday!
Mary and Rebecca
Week of May 4 - Teacher Appreciation Week!
***************May and June - no early release on Wednesdays*****************
Please plan on staying until 4:00 on each Wednesday in May as we have our own PLC meetings to plan for the 2015-16 school year with our new grade span teams!
May 4 - Progress Reports - We will send one progress report again for this last nine weeks, but it is one week early of 1/2 way so that you give students plenty of time to make-up work or improve their final 9-week grades.
May 5 - Title II Audit - They will visit GCS, SES and AHS
- Soil & Water Banquet @ VFW 7:00 PM
May 6, 7, 8 - 8th grade EOY Field Trip
May 6 - K, 1, 2 Field Trip to Lazy 5 - returning after regular dismissal
May 7 - 9:00 Media Center - Author Jose Galvez Presentation - 6th, 7th grades and Mrs. Robertson's ESL class
Four More Weeks of School.....
May 11 - All Administrator's Meeting
May 11 - 10:30 - Volleyball presentation for girls grades 2-7
- 3:00 All Administrators' Meeting @ CO
- 6:00 - 8th Grade Recognition Dinner @ AHS Cafeteria
May 11, 12, 13 PK Screening @ SES
May 12 - Dental Van @ GCS
- 6:00 PM - Math 1 meeting for all 7th graders & parents
May 14 - 1:00 JAM concert @ SES auditorium - All 3-8 grades will leave GCS about 12:20 to attend this year end concert
May 15 - Special Duty-free Lunch for all GCS Staff - provided by Central Office Staff
May 18 - Last day for students to check out books
- ACS Board Meeting @ Glade Creek School - At 5:00, for those board members who are able to arrive early, we will conduct a tour of our school. Please be sure that our halls and rooms are tidy for this scheduled event.
May 21 - Blood Drive @ GCS
May 22 - All materials due to media center and book room
May 25 - K-2 Picnic @ Lions Club Park
May 26 - Grade 3 ELA EOG
May 27 - Grade 3 Math EOG
May 28 - Gr 4-8 ELA EOG
May 29 - Gr 4-8 Math EOG
May 30 - Free physicals for 6th-11th grade athletes @ AHS by appointment only
June 1 - Gr 5,8 Science EOG; Gr 6,7 Sci NCFE
- 8:30 - 2:30 Grades 3 and 4 EOY picnic at Lions' Club
June 2 - Gr 5,6,7,8 Social Studies NCFE
June 3 - Gr 6 & 7 Field Trip - Greensboro Science Center - Gear-up sponsored
- SES Promotion 6:00
June 4 - PCS Promotion 6:00
June 5 - End of Year Awards - PK - 7th grades
- Last Day for Students - Early Release 12:30 Elementary, 1:00 AHS
- 7:00 AHS Graduation
June 7 - GCS Promotion - Sunday afternoon 2:00 PM
- Our 8th grade students would appreciate for all staff to attend!
June 15-19 Camp Med