"Old enough to fight, old enough to vote!"
The Definition of The 26th Amendment
- Citizens who are 18 years of age or older cannot be denied the right to vote on account of age
- Young men that were drafted to go fight in Vietnam War, many were too young to vote and this amendment fixed that problem
Citizens 18 year old and up were able to vote by the 26 Amendment
- Congress passed 26th Amendment in March 1971
- President Richard M. Nixon signed it to be a law in July of the same year
- This was all happening during the Vietnam war - 1960s and the 70s