News of the Week
January 29-February 2
Here are a few reminders for next week:
- Father & Daughter Dance... If your daughter is interested in attending our February 16th dance, please make sure to buy your tickets by the deadline. Last year the dance completely sold out and there were no tickets sold at the door!
- Spring Pictures... Our spring individual and whole class pictures will be on Monday, February 5th. Please try to be here to our whole class can be pictured together!
- Toys at School... lately we have been bringing in a lot of toys; Hatchimals, LEGOs, cars, Roblox, pretend phones, dolls, etc. I would love if you could help your child remember to leave all toys at home. The toys cause distractions, arguments between the kids, and lots of reminders from me to keep them in their bookbags. We will wait to bring a toy on special days here at school when we do a spirit day or fundraiser. Thanks!
- Valentine's Day... for those that like to plan ahead, we will be trading Valentine's on February 14th. The kids can make a Valentine mailbox or bag at home if they wish! Everything can be brought in that day. We will have a small treat and pass out cards. You do not need to write the kids' names in the "To:" section, just have your child sign their name. At this age it is too hard to pass out individually addressed cards. We have 24 kids in our class.
Remember to send RED folders and library books in on Thursdays!
No School... Remember there is no school for students on Friday, February 9th and Monday, February 19th.
Conferences... You will be getting information soon about scheduling our spring conference! The early release days are February 21 and 22, students will get out of school at 12:50pm on those days.
Check out what we built together one morning before school!
- Practice sight words (list below)
- Write stories at home... try to label the pictures or add sentences by saying the words slowly and recording the sounds that you hear!
- Count to 100 by tens and ones
- Write your numbers 0-20
- Count groups objects accurately (20 or less)
...Skills We Will Work On Next Week...
Reading & Writing
Science & Social Studies
How-to Access Our eClass Page
2) Type in your child's student number (200....)
3) Their password is their initials, the month of their birthday, and the day of their birthday (i.e. mine would be lw1224)
** If content on our page is not loading, but sure to look in your address bar for the security shield and click 'load unsafe scripts' or whatever your wording may be! **