LIFT Weekly Update
All about the Student Ministry at First Baptist Covington.
This week at LIFT, we'll have some fun with Playdough, enjoy some great worship, and continue in our ProVerbs series, looking at how we apply our knowledge of God to our everyday lives! You definitely don't want to miss this.
Also, don't forget about our wonderful Prayer Breakfast at 7am for HS and 8am for MS every Tuesday!
LifeLine is off this coming Sunday night for Labor Day, but we will return soon with a new series called Life Lessons! We are very excited about this because it will give our students the opportunity to learn some great life skills from some wonderful older church members. They'll learn all kinds of stuff from baking biscuits from scratch to automotive repair and self defense! All this is coming up on Sunday nights at 6pm starting Sep. 15th!
Finally, we have made our choice for Summer Camp 2014! We will be going to Student Life at Myrtle Beach June 16-20, 2014 for an amazing week of mission work, incredible worship services with David Platt and Kristian Stanfill, and great bonding time at the beach. It is sure to be an extremely impactful week, so mark your calendars now!
Also, keep these upcoming dates on your radar:
- Bonfire Night -- Oct. 23rd 5pm - 8pm
- Separate Guys/Girls Retreats Nov. 1-3
- LIFT Christmas Party Dec. 11
- Ski Trip Feb. 18-21, 2014
We are off this Sunday for Labor Day! We'll be back next week with Life Lessons!
Tuesdays 7am and 8am in the Annex!
Snack Supper Schedule
We now provide Snack Supper for our students once a month at LIFT! Check out this schedule to see when it's your turn!
Last Week's Message from LIFT
- How have you seen yourself be influenced by the people around you over time?
- How have people influenced you negatively?
- How have people influenced you positively?
- Do you feel like you are more the person doing the influencing usually or the one getting influenced?
- What is your responsibility as a friend?
- What does it mean for us to sharpen one another?