Mansfield Public Schools
July 7, 2020
I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate Kiera O'Neil and Lauren Scher on being re-elected to serve another term on School Committee. I look forward to working closely with all members of the committee as we continue our work to create a learning environment that supports all students. In addition, I would like to thank the community for attending Town Meeting on June 23 and supporting the budget that allows all departments, including our schools, to provide the level of services needed.
Yesterday contractors began working on a paving project behind QMS and MHS. The project will take a couple of weeks to complete as the parking lots and sidewalks will be redone. This is the continuation of a multi-year parking lot / roadway / sidewalk project that has made improvements throughout the district. Please note the following details:
- The parking lots will be closed on Monday, July 6, 2020, and will remain closed for a minimum of two weeks.
- Access to the athletic fields will be through Memorial Park.
- All parking will be in the front of the building.
- The access road between the High School and Middle School will be closed.
- Food Distribution from Paul's Place will use the Middle School West Parking lot.
Lastly, I realize that many families are eager to register for bus transportation and I'm happy to report that our plan will be announced the week of July 13. Thank you for your patience as we update our plan to meet the ever-changing health and safety needs of our students.
Bus Information Preview
Thank you for your patience while we put together our bus information for the upcoming school year. We have exciting changes in store. First, we have created a new bus transportation request process which will allow you to request and pay for the bus from home. Second, due to the closure of school in the spring, we are discounting this year's bus rates by $50 per student. Finally, we will continue to provide the early bird discount of $20 per student if you register by August 1, 2020.
During the week of July 13th, you will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with instructions on how to get started.
Due to the current climate of uncertainty, the following protocols are in place:
1. Families who register students for the bus and pay the required bus fee will have the opportunity to opt out. The district bus coordinator in the Business Office must be notified in writing (via email) by 9/15/2020 in order for a full refund to be processed. After 9/15/20 there will be no full or partial refunds.
2. The district will grant a credit of $50.00 per student toward the 2021-22 school year bus transportation fees if for any reason bus transportation in the district is not provided for 60 or more scheduled school days during the 2020-21 school year.
Please email email@example.com with any questions or call Debbie Fullerton at 508-261-7503.
A reminder to families that Nourish to Flourish, sponsored by West Side Benevolent Circle, distributes breakfast and lunch every Tuesday. Children receive 3 breakfast and lunch meals. Please use the link for more information.