Weekly Staff Bulletin
~April 21-25~Week 31~
~What's going on this week?~
Estrellita Professional Development
Saturday, April 26th, 8am-3pm
6701 International Blvd
You will be compensated for your time.
Please bring the following:
- K-1 Teacher's Guide
- Implementation Checklist
- Assessment Component (1 Instruction Guide, 1 Student Booklet, 1 Individual Record)
Dia del Nino Celebration & Flea Market Fundraising Event
Sunday, April 27th, 11am-3pm
2409 27th Ave
We are currently working with Annette Oropeza to bring a Stranger-Danger assembly to our campus. I will keep you posted on the dates & times.
~CURRICULUM & INSTRUCTION~
3rd Grade Instructional Plan for Structures of Life
3rd grade - link to download the entire Instructional Plan for Structures of Life: http://goo.gl/TsCjZN
Reminder: this tool is to be used hand-in-hand with their FOSS Teacher Guide.
Finally, we are offering a stipend three-hour PL session on June 18, 9:00 - 12:00 for all 3rd grade teachers to learn about the SIRA in preparation for next year. It is strongly recommended that at least one of your 3rd grade teachers attend the session, and all are welcome. There will be a make-up session offered in August or September, but we hope that all schools can be represented in June.
Thanks for your partnership,
Coordinator, Elementary Science
Oakland Unified School District
Spanish Immersion Summer Program
- ONLY 20 students from each selected grade levels will be chosen.
- When does summer school start/end? June 23rd through July 18th
- Recommendations are due: Friday, April 25th
- Our parent coordinator will reach out to the families of the students selected to return the applications.
New Leaders is hosting information sessions:
- April 22nd at 5:30pm at UPA
- April 30th at 4:00pm and 5pm at Hoover
- Confirming: May 7th at 4:00pm at Life
Managing Director, Bay Area
APRIL EVENTS...LOOKING AHEAD
2nd Round of Accelerometers
April 28-May 2: Data Collection Week for Oakland Schools
• Arts, Culture & Design in Schools Grants
"Target funds in-school arts programs that enhance students' classroom curricula by bringing the arts and cultural experiences to schools, such as in-school performances, artist-in-residency programs, and workshops in schools. Programs must take place between September 2014 and August 2015."
Deadline: April 30
• Early Childhood Reading Grants
"Target funds programs that foster a love of reading and encourage young children, preschool through third grade, to read together with their families. Reading grants support programs such as library story times and family reading nights. Programs must take place between September 2014 and August 2015."
Deadline: April 30.
As always, these and other mini-grant opportunities can be found on our Mini-Grants page.
• UC Berkeley's Biomedical Engineering Society (BMES) is looking to bring free mini-lectures and hands-on activities to your classroom or after-school program "to help students [in grades K-12] realize the potential of exploring a future studying science and engineering." If your school is interested in hosting Berkeley's BMES for one of these sessions (and/or you want more details), please firstname.lastname@example.org.