2021-2022 - Friday, April 29, 2022
From The Principal
We welcome May on Sunday and it is so hard to believe we are at this point in the school year.
Next week is Teacher, Staff, and Substitute appreciation week. Below are some ideas on how you can celebrate the Collins staff.
The STAAR schedule is also included below. Thank you for working appointments around your child's testing days. We are a closed campus for lunch visits on testing day.
Our Coin Wars total for former Collins seniors is $4700! Thank you for you generosity.
Progress Reports were posted in Parent Access this past week - please be sure to log on and check progress for this final grading period.
Wishing you a wonderful weekend!
Times To Remember...
- 8:50 AM—4:00 PM
- Students may enter the building by 7:45 AM (Please enter 5th grade side door)
- Students are considered tardy if not in classroom seat by the 8:50 tardy bell
- 5th Lunch A: 11:15 AM - 11:45 AM
- 5th Lunch B: 11:45 AM- 12:15 PM
- 6th Lunch C: 12:25 PM. - 12:55 PM
- 6th Lunch D: 12:55 PM - 1:25 PM
Front Office Times:
- 8:00 AM—4:30 PM
- 3:15 PM Calls to change transportation will end
- 3:30 PM Early check out of students will end
- 3:30 PM Cones for car rider dismissal will be set - cars for early pick up will not fit in front parking area
- 3:35 PM First Flight (10 cars) will move forward to cones
- 4:00 PM Flights 1 - 4 will be dismissed to wait at Car Cones
- Dismissed after car dismissal begins; 1. Bikers 2. More Car Flights 3. Neighborhood walkers (parents should not be parked in neighborhoods to pick up children - please use YMCA parking lot) 4. YMCA walkers (crossing guard provided for students)
Friday, April 29th
- LC 5-2 Field Trip
- Last day to order Collins Yearbook
Tuesday, May 10th
- 5th Math STAAR Test
Wednesday, May 11th
- 6th Reading STAAR Test
Thursday, May 12th
- 5th Reading STAAR Test
Friday, May 13th
- 6th Math STAAR Test
Monday, May 16th
- MAKE UP STAAR Test 5th & 6th Math
Tuesday, May 17th
- 5th Science STAAR Test
Wednesday, May 18th
- MAKE UP STAAR Test 5th & 6th Reading
Thursday, May 19th
- MAKE UP STAAR Test 5th Science
Wednesday, May 25th
- 5th and 6th Grade Field Day
Thursday, May 26th
- Last Day of School - Student Early Dismissal
- End of Fourth Grading Period
STAAR Testing Important Reminders
● Please avoid scheduling appointments these days so that your child will be on campus to allow for testing. The state allows for a four hour testing window for the STAAR test, with the exception for students with accommodations that allow extra time set in place through their 504 or ARD.
● Collins strives to begin testing by 9:30 at the latest, taking a break for testers to eat lunch and resume the testing window.
Celebrating Asian-Pacific American Heritage Month 2022
Honor, Remember, Inspire
School Supplies On Sale Now!!!!!!! For Lowest Price Order by May 31st!!
Collins Book Club finished the year at our last meeting on April 22. It was a blast to see these kids enjoy books all year long!
The last day to check out books in the Collins Library for the school year is May 13. All books are due May 19. If a book has been lost, it can be paid for with exact cash or check. Any cash amount given over the price of the lost book will be considered a donation to the lost book fund because we are unable to make change. If paying by check,it should be made out to the school that the books were checked out from (Collins, Ride, Clark, etc). Students can bring payment to the library and the librarian will issue a receipt. Once a book is paid for, it is yours to keep if found at a later date. Books are removed from the system once they are paid for.
Here are some kid friendly Youtube channels you may want to watch with your students!
Fun with Science and Engineering: https://www.youtube.com/c/MarkRober/featured
Fun with Physics in the Real World: https://www.youtube.com/c/physicsgirl
Fun with Math (yes, really!): https://www.youtube.com/user/Vihart
- Ella Butler
- Adrianna Bamford
- Will Adams
- Ethan Zhu
- Uzo Wittick
- Camden Lackey
- Ingrid Mohr
- Felix Everhard
- Amira Trinidad
- Mairah Kauser
- Luke Sammer
- Sophia Fernandez
- Noah Arenz
- Elizabeth Decker
- Leah Walters
- Levi Gordon
- Sassan Moozoun
- Helena Dimas
- Malina Lesa
- Daniela Banuelos
- Lyla Britton
- Sadie Barnes
- Amy Robinson
- Haley Witte
- Reagan Washington
- Thida Chhor
- Morgan McQueen
- Lorita Yalda
- Isabella Perry
- Abbie DeLange
- Allyson Londono
- Arpita Kafle
- Scarlett Harris
- Kherington Andrews
- Avery He
- Jane Laskoski
- Addyson Nguyen
- Kason Kramer
Collins Academic UIL Team
1st and 3rd place in Social Studies
3rd and 6th in Maps Charts and Graphs
6th place in Number Sense!!
PTO Membership and School Spirit Shirts
Go to www.collinsmembershiptoolkit.com and join the PTO today! By joining the PTO you will gain access to our secure online directory as well as be “in the know with PTO.” Have you purchased your spirit wear yet? Order today so your child can show their Cobra Pride!
In addition to our 2021-2022 spiritwear shirts (shown above), we now have “vintage” spirit wear available to purchase on the webstore! You don’t want to miss out on some great deals!
Calling all PTO Volunteers!
Calling all Volunteers! Fill out the google form using the link below to let the PTO know your availability and areas of interest.
Incoming 5th Parent/Student Information and Reminders
Incoming 7th Grade Knox Knights Important Dates
Sunday, May 1, 2022
Deadline for all Knox course requests changes
Please note that all dates and times are tentative or subject to change. Please have your student collect any information about events from his/her intermediate campus when they are available. We will advertise and announce all events at the intermediate schools as well as in other Knox correspondence. The dates advertised and announced will be followed unless special circumstances occur.
Are You Following Us?
Collins Twitter Account
Collins Facebook Account
The Conroe Independent School District (District) as an equal opportunity educational provider and employer does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or disability in educational programs or activities that it operates or in employment matters. The District is required by Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, as amended, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, as well as Board policy not to discriminate in such a manner. For information about Title IX rights or Section 504/ADA rights, contact the Title IX Coordinator or the Section 504/ADA coordinator at 3205 W. Davis, Conroe, TX 77304; (936) 709-7752.