Career Center Weekly Update
The University of Georgia Career Center
- Win an iPad Mini!
- Student Employment Fair
- Instagram Your Experience
- Internships, Part-Time Jobs & Full-Time Jobs
- Turner Sports Social Media Job Openings
- The National Sporting Goods Association Job Board
- Coca-Cola Student Ambassador Program
- State Charter Schools Commission Internships
- Atlanta Falcons Sports & Entertainment Career Expo
- Government & Nonprofit
Career Center Events
Win an iPad Mini!
Do you have an internship or part-time job? Current UGA students can win an iPad mini who hold a summer internship or part-time job. To enter, please fill out the Internship and Part-time Job Survey at http://bit.ly/internshipSURVEY
Deadline is August 7th at 11am.
Student Employment Fair
Student Employment Fair – August 20, 11am-3pm, Tate Grand Hall
Local Employers will be hiring students for part-time jobs and internships for the upcoming school year.
Check out the current employer list here: http://bit.ly/Athensjobs
How to find a part-time job in Athens presentation: http://bit.ly/part-timejob
Jobs and Internships
(This is just a few of the 266+ listings, Log into DAWGLink to apply!)
DAWGLink #54194, Special Events Intern
The Classic Center, Athens, GA
DAWGLink #48085, 2014 Make-A-Wish Internship Opportunities
Make-A-Wish Georgia and Alabama
DAWGLink #54048, Woodruff Arts Center Internships
The Woodruff Arts Center, Atlanta, GA
(This is just a few of the 711+ listings, Log into DAWGLink to apply!)
DAWGLink #53733, Creative Team Member
The Red Dress Boutique, Athens, GA
DAWGLink #53729, Environmental Technician
Environmental International Corporation, Alpharetta, GA
DAWGLink #50509, Financial Advisor/Financial Representative
MassMutual, Atlanta, GA
Part-Time Job Opportunities
(This is just a few of the 140+ listings, Log into DAWGLink to apply!)
DAWGLink #54367, Front Desk Assistant
UGA-Career Center, Athens, GA
DAWGLink #51703, Student Worker
UGA-Food Services, Athens, GA
DAWGLink #53923, Animal Caretaker
Pawtropolis, Athens, GA
Turner Sports Social Media Job Openings
Turner Broadcasting System, Atlanta, Georgia
Turner Sports Social Media is expanding and looking to hire recent grads for the positions below. Salary is $35K with full benefits, and the positions will start in mid-September.
Community Manager- http://bit.ly/SportsT3CommunityManager
Ideation & Trends- http://bit.ly/SportsT3SocialMediaTrends
Coca-Cola Student Ambassador Program
MRY is recruiting for Coca-Cola student ambassadors who are committed to refreshing the world, inspiring moments of happiness, and making a positive difference on campus. More than 400 college students from across the nation have joined our team to represent one of the world’s most established brands. Think this is you? Read more here:
Deadline to apply is August 1st!
The SCSC is looking for Interns!
For more info an to apply visit: http://scsc.georgia.gov/fall-internship-opportunities
GOVERNMENT & NONPROFIT
Check out Go Government for information about federal jobs, internships, and government resources.
CALL TO SERVE CAREER GUIDES
Are you interested in pursuing a career with the federal government? Need information and resources to provide the best advice and strategies for success for your particular areas of interest? The Partnership for Public Service’s Go Government career guides are now online and a great resource for students to see how their major could translate into a job in the federal government.
* All University of Georgia Career Center sponsored events are for UGA students and alumni only.
* The Career Center is committed to providing access for all people with disabilities and will provide accommodations if notified in advance. To request accommodations please contact us at 706-542-3375.
* To help ensure a pleasant & productive environment for all participants, please follow these guidelines:
1. Respect all participants (employers, job seekers, & staff).
2. Appropriate attire is required and is determined by event. Some events require Professional or Business Attire.
3. For safety reasons, the doorways to the event (inside & out) & the surrounding areas must be kept clear at all times.
4. Participants are expected to cooperate with all reasonable requests made by members of the staff & all reasonable requests of any person acting in an official capacity as a representative of the participating institutions.
5. If questions or concerns arise during the event, please contact a member of the Career Center staff for assistance.
You may leave the list at any time by sending an e-mail to LISTSERV@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU with the following text as the body of the e-mail: SIGNOFF CAREERCENTERUPDATE * Please DO NOT use quotation marks or add any other text to the body of the message.
PLEASE DO NOT CLICK UNSUBSCRIBE BELOW, IT WILL NOT WORK.