Monday Morning Message (10/19/2015)
Every Child - Everyday!
Good Morning Everyone! We have a very busy and eventful week. The students will have their first dance on 10/20 and judging from the 6th graders purchasing tickets, it'll be a doozy! If you are able to help chaperon the dance, it will be greatly appreciated. We will also have different groups of staff going to Kilgo training this week. ELA with go on October 20th, Math on October 21st, and Science on October 22nd. There will be quite a bit of movement on campus this week, so be alert and help monitor the halls as much as possible.
Autism Walk 2015 was a huge success!
Math in the UH Cougars Pod
Rice Owls Pod
The Rice Owls pod is looking really nice these days.
Reminders & Information
- Time Clock - Remember to clock in and out each day. Missing a clock in or out once or twice is okay, but if it is a persistent problem it may affect your PDAS appraisal.
- Please be at your door during transitions. If you are on your conference period please come out and help to monitor the hallways.
- Remind your students to walk on the right side of the hallway during the passing periods.
- Do not let students out of class without a pass that includes their name, destination, time, date. We are trying to reduce the amount of time that students are out of the classroom and we would like to be able to quickly determine where they should be.
- Remind students of the "lending grant" chromebooks that we have that are available to check out and go home with them.
- Remember to follow the discipline ladder with students in your classroom. Try different interventions and parent contact before sending a student to the office. If it is a level 3 offense, send them to the office immediately. If you have any questions, please ask Ms. Smith or Mr. Swacker.
- Grades - Make sure that you are inputting 2 daily grades per week. The administrators will check on Tuesdays to verify grades have entered.
- Fall Dance - If you sign up to volunteer at our fall dance on 10/20 you can wear jeans and a school shirt/college shirt on that day. To volunteer, please contact Ms. Knotts.
- For more information about Kilgo training, please click here.
- Parent Conference Day - October 26th; Teacher work day 11- 7 PM. Para work day 10:30 -7 PM.
- Fire Marshall - The Fire Marshall will visit us on November 2nd. Please check with Mr. Swacker for guidelines.
Remember, we are the Best school with the Best students and the Best faculty and staff. Good, Better, Best!!! Never let it rest, until your good gets better and your better gets best!