CES Weekly Buzz February 15, 2016
From the Desk of Mrs. Proskey
Thanks to our wonderful PTO for paying the $300 to renew this website for another year. Our username is still culvercavs but they make us change the password every year. The new password is awesomepto in honor of our awesome PTO. ~Teri
So proud to be represented this year! #CULVERPRIDE
The VARSITY SHOP IS NOW ONLINE!!!!!
- Monday- Is a "C" Specials Day and is a Jeans make-up day from December.
- Success Time "Bubble" Lists- 3rd through 8th grade teachers, please look through your Success time lists and rate your "Bubble" students highest to lowest. I will need those lista, as I will use it to invite those students to Intersession by the end of this week. Thank you!
- Intersession- I am still looking for 1 teacher to teach Intersession. :)
- Cyber Monday- February 22nd @ 3:15 in the DLL
- Recess Duty- Teachers and Aides, please make sure to check inside playground equipment before coming in from recess.
- IF, STAT, RR Meetings- When attending these meetings, please come prepared with appropriate data and work samples that will help the team with decision making.
Special Meetings & Activities
- 2:30 B.T. (Move-In) Proskey, Miller, Thonpson
- 3:30 Discussions Meeting
- 3:30 6th Grade Textbook Adoption Meeting @ H.S.
- 3:30 Pearson Textbook Rep in DLL for K-5th grades
- 5:00 6th Grade Girls Basketball Game- Kindergarten working concessions
- 7:30 STAT Team
- 2:00 P.M. (PRE-K ACR)- Proskey, Kinney
- 3:15 PL221 Meeting in DLL- W/ Title I Representatives
- 3:30 A.H. (ACR) Thompson, Proskey, Daugherty
- 3:30 Houghton Mifflin "Go Math" Textbook Presentation in DLL for K-6th grades
- 10:00 Pep Rally @H.S.
Breakfast & Lunch Menu
- Breakfast-Sausage Gravy with Biscuit
- Lunch- Chicken Sandwich & Fries / Potato Bar
- Breakfast- Oatmeal Round / Cereal with Muffin
- Lunch- Spaghetti with garlic toast/ Salad Bar
- Breakfast- Eggstravaganza with Toast / Cereal with Cracker
- Lunch- Tacos & Green Beans/ Grilled Chicken Sandwich
- Breakfast- Cinnamon Roll with yogurt / cereal
- Lunch- Sausage Gravy with Biscuit/ Salad Bar
- Breakfast- Breakfast Pizza/ Cereal with Cracker
- Lunch- Cheesy Breadstick with corn/ Bologna Sandwich
This Weeks Sporting Events
This past Saturday Triston Rodriguez took 2nd place in Semi-State for wrestling. Congratulations Triston!
***NEW*** Teacher Toolbox from CCR
Please check this out.... Some excellent resources from the DOE. (Click on the link below)
The College and Career Readiness (CCR) division at the IDOE is comprised of experienced educators ready and willing to help you with your curriculum and content needs. We are starting a newsletter that will have various curriculum and content topics and other information from all the various specialists. I have attached the first newsletter at the bottom of this post. Hopefully you will find this toolbox useful and informative. Please contact the specialist who wrote the article for more information if you wish to delve deeper into the material. Many of the specialists are available for in-person and virtual school and district PD.
Teacher Toolkit - February 2016.pdf
They can whip! They can cha cha! They can put on an awesome dance and raise money for charity!! What a great event! Awesome job 6th graders!!
GROWTH MINDSET Teacher Resources
When faced with a big challenge where potential failure seems to lurk at every corner, you’ve probably heard the advice, “Be more confident!” But where does confidence come from? Here are three easy tips to boost your confidence.