by: Danielle Zumwalt, 5th period
- In Judaism actions are move important than beliefs
- Jews are monotheistic (the belief in one god)
- The written Torah and oral Torah were given to Moses
- 13 Principles of faith
-When and How did they worship?
- They worship in the morning, called (Shacharit)
- Also they worship in afternoon which is called (Mincha)
- And they also worship or pray in the evening (Ma'ariv/Arvit/Arbith)
- Men are required to do pubic prays at specified times of the day, but women don't have to.
- Judaism do worship in groups but don't have to
- There leader is a descendant of Aaron
- Jews worship in synagogues, temples, Shuls, and Beit'k'nesset but not usually
- The Talmud is a written version of the oral law,
- Also the Torah which is referring to the 5 books of Moses which are genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, numbers, and Deuteronomy.
- Judaism was started by Abraham,a Hebrew man, he came up with the main idea of Jewish faith, that there is only one god
- Judaism was discovered about fore-thousand years ago,
- Judaism was founded in the middle east with the Hebrew people
-Followers, in the u.s. and worldwide
- Judaism has about fifteen million followers worldwide, and about five to six million Jews in the united states
- -Fun Facts
- The Talmud (one of the texts) is a Hebrew verb and it means to "to teach" or "to learn"
- Judaism was the first religion to believe in monotheism
- Judaism celebrates hanukkah