How to have fun and be safe online.
Safe Web Surfing: Top Tips for Kids and Teens Online
Secure Your Account
Sharing Personal Information
It is very dangerous for you to share your personal information! Hackers could use your information against you. Don't share your phone number, address, social security number, credit card numbers, or any important documents.
In the past year, 2 in 5 people received a notice that their personal information had been compromised, had an account hacked, or had a password stolen.
- Tell someone and ask for help. Don't keep it to yourself.
- Keep calm and don't respond to provocations.
- Save all the evidence. Either take photos or screen shots.
- If it continues, either let the bully know that they are hurting you and tell them to stop or contact the police.
- Don't post any personal information online (see above).