Tanaina's Kindergarten Orientation
Do you have a kindergartner coming to Tanaina next year?
Welcome to kindergarten at Tanaina!
Kindergarten programs across the district are very similar, but each school has unique qualities which transform the learning environment. For example, roll-in schedules, arrival/ dismissal times, and daily schedules are different from school to school. This newsletter will showcase what you can expect at Tanaina Elementary. Please note that due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, we are unsure if social mandates will alter the way we open the school year. However, we feel it is important to provide you with our "normal" guidelines so that you and your student can be well prepared.
- Registration: The very first thing you need to do is register your child for kindergarten starting on June 29, 2020. You can click on the ParentVue for Registration link below.
- Initial Group Roll-In: parents should expect a phone call early August to schedule an initial roll-in for your child. This roll-in will be with the kindergarten teaching team/staff. During this roll-in, students may be assessed on different skills, become familiar with their new school and meet our kindergarten team.
- During the school day, your child will engage in many valuable lessons that include social, emotional, and academic learning. Our core topics include Literacy, Language Arts, Math, and writing, and your child will also rotate through Specials which includes Library, Music and Physical Education.
- Kindergarten students can bring their own lunches from home, or they can receive lunch through our Nutritional Services department.
- Transportation: your kindergarten student can ride the school bus. It is a requirement that parents be at the bus stop in the morning and afternoon. Please click on the Bus Transportation link below
Some Quick Links You Will Want To Bookmark?
The main link for parents on the MSBSD webpage.
*Registration opens on June 29, 2020. All new students must provide a birth certificate and current and up-to-date shot records before they may placed into a classroom.
The Federal Programs Department works to provide financial, academic, and others supports to our students and families.
Defines the bus routes, school boundary maps, and bus rider expectations.
We hope this newsletter answers most of your questions!
Please make sure to register your child so that we can contact you when we return in August. The window for registration opens on June 29. (see the ParentVue link above).
Please feel free to share this newsletter with other kindergarten parents.
Our registrar/front desk secretary, is always happy to answer any questions you may have. She can be reached by email at email@example.com.