News from the View!
Dedicated to furthering the lives of our students.
I am contacting you today to keep you updated, and aware of the work being done to further the lives of North View Middle School students. This month's update contains information on our school goals for instruction and achievement, activities used to meet those goals, and our progress toward meeting these goals. In this month’s issue you will be provided with:
- Information about the impact of the One2One mentor program.
- Information about the Check & Connect Program.
- A glimpse inside our school with fun photos of our school community in action.
- Ways to be Involved.
I hope you enjoy these updates and thank you for your contributions to our food drive. We were able to collect over one thousand items. Our school community is grateful for your support.
If you have any questions about this, or anything else related to North View Middle School, please connect with me here . You can also stay up to date by following me at @NVMSPrincipal or liking our Facebook page by clicking here.
One2One Mentorship Impact
Raffle Week and the Winter Botique
Part of this work is providing students with opportunities to celebrate what it means to represent Knight Pride! December included a Raffle Week and the the school store "Winter Boutique" Raffle week and the boutique provide students who represented "Knight Pride" to pick out items from the school store for themselves or a family member!
In case you missed!
Sixth grade English Language Arts students study Author's craft.
Digital Gallery Walk
Science students participated in a digital disease gallery walk. This allowed students to work collaboratively to share ideas and respond to meaningful questions, documents, and images using their Chromebooks.
Phy Ed. World Cup
Physical education classes culminated their soccer unit with a World Cup championship tournament.
Digital Gallery Walk
North View News
Check & Connect
Community Listening Session
Tuesday, Jan. 21st 2020 at 3-7pm
5869 69th Ave N Brooklyn Park MN 55429
Get Your NVMS Gear
We, the staff at North View Middle School, commit to…
- Providing challenging academic opportunities that are relevant, engaging, culturally responsive, and rigorous.
- Providing a meaningful, encouraging and safe environment that fosters the whole child, and focuses on student strengths.
- Including data driven best practices and instruction that meets the academic and individual needs of our students, improves student achievement, and promotes growth.
- Engaging in continued professional development to ensure that we are aware of our students’ racial perspectives, challenge our biases, and include practices that serve our diverse student population.
- Providing effective collaborative partnerships with the entire school community by ensuring that we encourage multiple opportunities for involvement, communication, and access.
- Modeling and implementing daily engaging multi-level reading and writing strategies within our classrooms.
- Accepting responsibility for each student’s success and celebrate that success with our school community.
This is my sixth year serving as principal of North View Middle School. Before coming to North View, a large portion of my professional career has been spent with Osseo Area schools, six of which were spent working as the Assistant Principal of Osseo Senior High. Before that, I spent time as a Dean of Students for Richfield High School and middle school level Science teacher and behavior dean with the Minneapolis public school system.
While in Minneapolis, I spent five wonderful years teaching middle level Science at Lincoln Community School and Anishanabe Academy to sixth, seventh and eighth graders, and two years providing academic and behavioral support while working as dean. My past experiences have shaped my core beliefs and philosophy of education. For me, schools must be an integral part of the community they serve. They should also be focused on high expectations for all students, and through developmentally appropriate and strong instructional practices, give students the knowledge, skills and confidence needed to exceed these expectations.
If you would like to connect with me please click here. I would love to hear from you!