Colrain Central School News
Where we learn by serving...
October 6, 2023
A Note From Mrs. Looman
- A reminder that I will be out of the country from tonight through Oct. 17th. Bob Mahler will be filling in as principal. He came this week and met students and staff members and visited all the classrooms. If you have any issues that come up that you need his support with, he stands ready to help in whatever way he can. Jennifer Martin, our head teacher, will also be assisting as needed.
- Please note: There will be no weekly newsletter next week.
- Mark your calendars! Our All-School Hike (grades 1-6) will be held on Wednesday, Oct. 18th, with a rain date of Wednesday, Nov. 1st. You should have received a permission slip for it this week. Please be sure to sign and return it as soon as possible. If you did not receive one, or if you need another copy, please contact your child's teacher or Mrs. White in the front office.
- Some of you reached out to ask about P-EBT cards you received in the mail for your children. Because we are a Community Eligible Provision District, all students will get a card for Summer benefits. Some families did not receive them in the summer, so they are receiving them now. For more information, please go to https://www.map-ebt.org/summer
- We will be having our first lockdown drill on October 20th. This drill is announced and students have the opportunity to ask questions either before or after the drill. We are very sensitive to how this feels to students and explain it in ways that are developmentally appropriate. Similar to a fire drill, we stress that this is something we practice to make sure everyone is safe and knows what to do. We do not go through potential scenarios and at no time do the police act in ways that would cause students to think it was an actual emergency event. Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions about our process or how we handle these drills.
Special Education Parent Advisory Council (SEPAC)
About Mohawk Trail SEPAC
The Special Education Parent Advisory Council is an advisory group led by parents within our community. We are looking to support each other and help the school district to better serve its students. The SEPAC is open to all caregivers within the district with an IEP or 504 plan, and to interested members of the community. Please reach out to us to learn more!
We meet monthly via Zoom. Upcoming meetings: Oct 23, Nov 27 at 6:30 pm
We welcome caregivers, staff, and interested members of the community to learn about SEPAC and meet local families. The public meeting will be followed by a private caregiver support discussion.
Email us to learn more: email@example.com
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MohawktrailSEPAC
10/12: School Committee meeting @ 6:00
10/18: All School (grades 1-6) Hike
10/19: Fall data meeting day
10/25: Picture day
10/25: Mary Lyon Foundation Community Resource Fair at MTRS from 3:00-6:00
11/1: Rain date for all school hike
11/2: Fall conferences
11/3: Fall conferences
1:50 dismissals: 10/18, 10/25
12:30 dismissals: 11/2, 11/3