Education and Training
- you need at least ten years of education
- completion of undergrad prerequisite courses \, medical school, and residency and then post-residency (fellowship) training if they want to further specialize
- you would receive training by practicingf medicine under supervision for at least four years
while practicing anesthesiology you have to know:
- Chronic and acute pain management
- Pre-operative patient evaluation
- Post-operative pain evaluation and control
- Intensive care pain management
- Pre-existing disease factors in surgical care
- locally you can start anywhere around 92k an be able to move up to more than 138k a year
- Many anesthesiologists receive a bonus in addition to salary, and anesthesiologists working in specific areas such as cardiology or pediatrics are paid at a premium.
Prospect of Employment
- it is predicted that this occupational field will grow up to 18
- faster than the average occupation
Typical Day of an Anesthesiologists(actual account)
My typical day consists of arriving at the hospital between 615 and 630. The first thing i do is to see where i have been assigned for the day. i may be in an O.R. gibing an anesthetic, or in the pre-op area interviewing patients and preparing them for surgery, or in obstetrics helping moms have their babies safely and comfortably, or in charge of the O.R. that day. some of the patients need special procedures to prepare them for surgery, and i help with that too. if i am on call, i work 24 hours and then have the next day off. otherwise, my day would end anywhere from 12 noon to 7pm
- the job often comes with unpredictable hours
- the work environment is always changing, it may be boring and chill one moment and crazy and hectic the next.
- must be able to recognize problems and be able to address them.