Google Takeout Transfer
Transfer your school account to a personal Google account.
Personal Google Account
Using Google Takeout to Copy & Transfer your Files
- Enter the email address of the destination Google account - this is where your files will be copied and saved.
- Click “Get Code” and a code will be sent to your personal account. NOTE: This code is only active for 24 hours.
- Go to your personal gmail account & copy the verification code to paste into the Takeout Menu.
- From your school account, return to takeout.google.com/transfer and paste in the verification code, then choose “Verify”.
Choose the content you want to copy. You will have the option to copy Google Drive contents as well as email messages. Gmail contacts and to-do lists will not be transferred. Click “Start Transfer” to initiate. This process can take up to a week, but you will receive an email notification in your personal Gmail account once it’s complete.
More Information about your Copied Drive Files & Email
All copied messages will be labeled with your school account name and the date you started the copy process.
Contacts and tasks will NOT transfer
All content will be copied into a folder labeled with your school account name and the date you initiated the copy process.
You will become the owner of ALL the copied files. This does NOT change ownership of the original files in your school account that may be shared)
Not all shared files copy over - only those that you have “Added to Drive”
Comments are copied but revision history is not
Permission on copied files will be set to “private”, but you can change the sharing settings if you choose.
- All of your school content will remain in your Google Drive so this process can be used to backup Google Drive anytime.