The Generals' Update
Your guide to DDE events & announcements: 2/21/2021
This Week's Schedule
- All students are reminded to wear a mask from the time they enter the school bus and/or school grounds until the time they exit the bus and/or school grounds.
- Students will be required to use hand sanitizer prior to entering the building.
- Students will utilize a plexiglass barrier on their desks; the barriers will be sanitized each evening.
- We will continue to encourage social distancing whenever possible.
- All parents/guardians are reminded to complete the Covid Daily Parent Form each morning.
If your General attends virtually, please remind him/her to appear on camera to be marked present for class.
This is just a reminder that while our eight period day concludes at 11:40 am, instruction runs through the afternoon in the form of office hours, small group instruction, and intervention. We encourage you to take some time to review your child's schedule to ensure he/she takes advantage of all educational opportunities available to him/her.
We encourage parents who are dropping off their children to do so between 7:00am-7:30am. From 7:00am-7:20am, students will enter through Door #5, which is located at the back of the parking lot (see the green box below). These students will be supervised in the new gym, where they will be seated in desks that are socially distanced. Starting at 7:20am, car riders will utilize entrances specific to their grades. Also at 7:20am, any students in the new gym will be invited to proceed to their homerooms. At 7:30am, students riding buses will then enter the building utilizing the entrances specific to their grade.
There will be hand sanitizer stations at each entrance; and students will be required to use hand sanitizer prior to entering the building.
PLEASE REVIEW THE STUDENT DISMISSAL INSTRUCTIONS BELOW. WE ANTICIPATE A SLOWER DISMISSAL INITIALLY AS WE ADJUST TO A LARGER VOLUME OF PARENT/GUARDIAN CARS. WE THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR PATIENCE AND YOUR FOLLOWING THE APPROPRIATE DIRECTIONS BELOW THAT CORRESPOND TO YOUR CHILD'S GRADE.
If your child is a car rider, please review the following dismissal pick-up procedures:
- All parents enter the parking lot between Eisenhower and Catena (green arrows.)
- For those picking up a sixth grade student, follow the signs directing you through the center of the lot, around the turn to the right, pulling up along the sixth grade side of the building (yellow arrows.)
- For those picking up a 7th or 8th grade student, once in the lot you will turn left and follow the signs around the lot proceeding to the back of the building, lining up along the cafeteria side of the building. Once buses have left, you will be directed to drive to the front of the building to pick up your child (pink arrows.)
- If you have students in 6th and 7th or 8th, please decide as a family where your pick up location will be.
8th Gr.Students-High School Information
FRHSD Information regarding sibling waiver: http://bit.ly/3jaglAB
Freehold Boro High School
- Letter from DDE Guidance regarding FHS Registration: http://bit.ly/39vj8RG
NOTE: Some appointment times have been adjusted due to counselor availability. Please confirm your child's appointment date and time in GENESIS.
Freehold Township High School
- Letter from DDE Guidance regarding FTHS Registration: http://bit.ly/3iAgcWN
Ranny School-Scholarship Opportunity
Please see link for information regarding the T. Thomas Fortune Merit Scholarship
Please use the following link to reserve your copy: https://bit.ly/2SWiAuL
Get your photos in the yearbook!
The Yearbook Staff invites you to submit photos for consideration to be included in the yearbook. See flyer below for instructions.
Breakfast & Lunch Available for all students
- To report your child absent if he/ she is neither well enough to come to school nor attend school virtually.
- If your child is not feeling well, and he/she is scheduled to attend school in person, please keep your child home. He/she may still access school virtually and be marked present for the school day. However, you must call the attendance line to let us know.
Mark Your Calendar!
- Monday, February 22nd: Daily in-person instruction begins.
- Tuesday, February 23th: Board of Ed. Meeting at 7:30pm. Please visit the district website for the Zoom link: https://www.freeholdtwp.k12.nj.us/