Week of October 25
Our mission: We are a community of learners inspiring each child to explore, grow, and achieve.
Message from the Principal
Dear Hebron Families,
We have a new report card this year. More information is below.
We just recieved new guidance from the Licking County Health Department. The information is the following:
Quarantine: Individuals that are exposed to COVID-19 and meet the definition of a close contact should quarantine for a period of 10 days from the date of their last exposure to an individual with COVID-19.
For individuals that are close contacts in a classroom setting, they must adhere to one of the three following options:
- The individual can complete their quarantine period at home and not attend school or participate in extracurricular activities.
- The individual can return to school and extracurricular activities on day 8 of their quarantine period if they test negative for COVID-19 through a viral (PCR or antigen) test at least 5 days after their school exposure.
- The individual can return to school immediately if they do not have COVID-19 symptoms, and they wear a mask in school for the duration of their quarantine period. In this case, the student cannot participate in extracurricular activities during their quarantine period, and they should remain at home when they are not in school.
The following individuals are not required to quarantine if they are identified as a close contact of an individual with COVID-19:
- Individuals that are fully vaccinated. Fully vaccinated is defined as having two doses of Pfizer or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine or one dose of Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine, and it has been at least 14 days since last dose of vaccine was administered.
- Individuals that consistently wear a mask in a classroom setting.
- Individuals that maintain at least 6 feet of distance from an individual with COVID-19, or at least 3 feet of distance during lunch.
- Individuals that have been within six feet of an individual with COVID-19 for less than 15 cumulative minutes in a 24-hour period.
- Individuals that have tested positive for COVID-19 through a viral test (antigen or PCR) within 90 days of the date of their exposure to an individual with COVID-19.
Quarantine Process: Parents will be notified via email by LCHD that their child has been identified as a close contact due to an exposure at school to an individual with a case of COVID-19. Parents are encouraged to check their spam folder to ensure they receive the quarantine notice. The notice will provide the name of the school where the student was exposed, the date on which the quarantine period ends, and information related to the quarantine options that are available.
If parents have multiple children in a school building, they should email LCHD for clarification on the student(s) in quarantine at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parents are encouraged to contact their school attendance line to notify the school of their child’s absence due to being placed in quarantine.
We hope you have a good weekend, and enjoy our newsletter with other important information.
In this together!
26- Hebron Parent Teacher Conference Night 4pm-7:15pm
27- 2 hour delay- School opens at 10:30am
29- Character Day- students can dress as their favorite book character
2- No School for Students- Staff Inservice Day
4- Hebron Parent Teacher Conference Night
11- Veteran's Day
15-19 Kindness Week- See below for kindness week details
15- Positivity- wear pink or purple
16- Serve to help others: Wear superhero cape or camouflage
17- Accepting others: Decorate your glasses or wear funky glasses
18- Be Supportive: Wear spirit wear to school
19- Be Kind: Wear gear that promotes kindness
24-29- No School- Fall Break (Includes Monday)
New Report Card
E= Exceed standard/expectations
M= Meets standard/expectations
P= Progressing toward standard/expectation
N= Needs improvement/Area of concern
If the box is gray or blank, it was not assessed during this nine weeks.
In writing, you will see five stages that students go through in that grade level with writing. Our end of the year goal is Stage 5. The teacher has checked where in the writing progression your child is currently at.
Your child's teacher will be able to answer questions at parent teacher conferences.
Typing Club- 1st and 2nd
First and Second grade classes have began a fun new typing program in Computer Lab called Typing Club.
They can access it at home using the following link: type.lakewoodlocal.org
Each student has their own account. The username for first grade is their first and last name followed by 33, example: firstlast33. The username for second grade is their first and last name followed by 32, example: firstlast32.
The PASSWORD FOR BOTH GRADES is hebron. Be sure to always begin on your home row keys:)
Parent Teacher Conferences
BOOK FAIR- October 22-29
October 29, 2021- Character Day
Covid Letter Clarification
When we get information about a postive case, the school goes through the process of contact tracing. We have to document students that are near the postive case in the classroom, bus, specials and lunchroom. We then submit those names to the Licking County Health Department. We do email a "Close Contact" letter home to those parents because at times we don't know how long it may take the health deparment to contact our families. Our letter is to inform you that your child CAN come to school if they do not show symptoms, or you can chose to keep them home out of precaution. If your chosing to keep them home please inform the office. The health department will send an email to those "close contact" students that will need to quarantine.
For the other students in the class, a "Classroom" letter is emailed. This is only an informational letter. The child is to remain coming to school, and just be aware if your child begins to exhibit any symptoms.
We hope this helps clarify the difference between the two letters.
More Covid Information
October Lunch Menu
Clasroom Teacher Emails
Make sure you also check our Hebron Facebook page, we put a lot of information up on the website.
Mrs. Henry-Principal (email@example.com)
Mr. Scott Coffey- Dean of Students (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Mrs. Melissa Harkness- Secretary (email@example.com)
Mrs. Bethany White-Secretary (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Mrs. Cheryl Weaver- School Counselor (email@example.com)
Mrs. Amy Morrison-District Nurse (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Mrs. Debbie Miller-Hebron Clinic Aide (email@example.com)