RAL SENIOR(2021) Update
JUNE 6, 2021
Senior Stuff YOU Need to Know
THE FINAL COUNTDOWN
Must be done:
- Passing all previous and past courses to earn 24 credits in respective areas. This includes passing your English 12 research paper.
- Completed your HS and Beyond Plan
- Passed your Senior Oral Presentation( see Jodi Fowler in the Career Center if you need to make this up)
- Turned in your Senior Reflection Paper( to your advisor)
- Paid all fines and fees
- Returned your chromebook( Wed, June 9)
- FINAL CLEARANCE: Thursday, June 10.
In the event one or more of the above are not complete, you may participate in Summer School, June 17-July 2 to complete your HS requirements to earn your diploma. We will be having a short graduation ceremony in August for those of you who didn't have the opportunity to participate on June 12th.
We want you ALL there, so please take care of business !!
OUTDOOR PROM 2021-- For those of you that attended, thank you for coming!!!!
SENIOR VS. STAFF SOFTBALL GAME..SIGN UP ON ASB WINDOW --This will also be the SENIOR BBQ- So if you aren't playing, come eat and watch !!! 2:45 PM MONDAY, JUNE 7
Baccalaureate: Wednesday, June 9th, 7pm: See Mr. Ott for details and tickets.
Grad Walk w/ Cap and Gown
Grad Ceremony Part 2: Times for Diploma Pick-Up in Front of RA Long June 12
REMEMBER, ONE VEHICLE PER FAMILY, NO MATTER HOW BIG :)
Last name Alpha:
A-E 12:00pm -12:30pm
Senior Calendar of Events
- Monday, June 7 Senior vs. Staff Softball Game 2:30 Senior BBQ and Softball
- Wednesday, June 9, 7pm Baccalaureate. 2 TICKETS PER STUDENT FOR FAMILY MEMBERS
- Thursday, June 10 FINAL CHECKOUT FOR SENIORS-all high school requirements complete and fines and fees all paid to participate in graduation.
- Friday, June 11, GRAD WALK AT ELEMENTARY SCHOOLS--SEE LINK ABOVE
- Friday, June 11 Commencement Practice 3:00 --must be in attendance to participate in Saturday's Graduation Ceremony
- Saturday, June 12, Graduation Ceremony , 10am- please arrive by 9:30 am
- Saturday, June 12, Diploma Pick-up in front of RA Long 12-2pm. Scheduled by alpha
Senior Stuff to Know
1. Traditional graduation at the stadium @ 10am on June 12th:
We will run a traditional graduation at the stadium , with the exception of handing out diploma jackets. ( 2 tickets per family based on our current guidelines)
- Student Entry
- Pomp and Circumstance
- Senior Choir
- Traditional Speeches
- Changing of the Tassel
Graduation Part 2 Diploma Pick-Up
Receiving overwhelming positive feedback around last year's diploma pickup, we are once again going to recreate this event for our 2021 graduates. They deserve it!
Within your time slot, you will be in front of RA Long, dropped off by your family members and make the traditional graduate walk by your teachers. Your name will be read with your family members present and receive your diploma from Mr. Reeves and then continue your walk by the remaining teachers as you exit. This will have a lot of great picture opportunities. Pray for sunshine !!!
This event would NOT be limited to 2 family members, however it will be limited to ONE "vehicle" per family for this opportunity.
- Friday, June 11 at 3pm. You must be present to participate in the ceremony on Saturday.
Arrive 30 minutes prior to graduation(9:30 am). Proceed to north side of the field dressed appropriately and ready to go. Ceremony will begin right at 10 am.
Diploma Pickup Example from 2020
The HAVE To Dos:
- 24 Credits in all appropriate categories
- Senior Reflection Paper(submit to advisor)
- Senior Paper COMPLETED and scored
- Pass your Senior Oral Presentation (8-14 minutes long) May 26
- Service to school/ community service -WAIVED based on what you already have done
- Obviously pass all second semester coursework.
- Have all fines and fees paid for.
If you DO NOT have all things completed, you WILL NOT walk on June 12. We know you can do this! Get it done ! The class of 2021 has endured a lot of obstacles, don't let your graduation be one of them. Respect-Achieve- Lead
Attestation Sites to Check in to School and Get Your Color Coded Bracelet
Mask must be worn at all time over NOSE and MOUTH unless students are in a designated area where mask breaks occur. Students who are continuously in violation of this expectation will be designated as a remote learner and will not be allowed on campus. We have plenty of masks available if you happen to forget one.
Wellness Check EVERY DAY BEFORE School
Please do your Daily Wellness Screening on Skyward PRIOR to coming to school. This will help speed up the process getting you into the building on into your classroom. Your will need your CHARGED Chromebook daily to scan in with your barcode or with you student ID card.
Social Distancing Police
No one wants to be the social distancing police. Each of us know what 6 ft. distancing looks like. We ask that you do not congregate and keep moving following the arrowed traffic patterns.
HYBRID Bell Schedule whether you are in-person, at home, or remote learning.
What lunch do I have? Lunches are assigned by your 4th period teacher
Mr. Reeves INSTAGRAM principal_reeves
Mr. McCabe Athletics/Activities INSTAGRAM AD_RALong
Tag photos w/ #RALPride