dissociative identity disorder
by Miles Hudson
what is it?
symptoms of D.I.D
* randomly contracting drug addictions you may not even remember doing
* unable to sexually function properly
* the feeling of more than one person inside your head
* suicidal thoughts/wanting to mutilate yourself
* lack of any real kind of social interaction skills and lapses in memory
* extreme amounts of amnesia
Others may see that you...
*random mood swings, abnormal behavior
*switching into different “personalities” uncontrollable
Most doctors agree that Dissociative Identity Disorder is caused in the past by the patient's brain trying to block out traumatic or horrible memories/events that had happened in the their early childhood. the patents developing brain copes with these memories/events by separating themselves for the outside world mentally through causing memory loss or depersonalization. even after the threat has passed the subject still uses these techniques subconsciously. long after the terrible events have long since past for years or even decades for the patient, the brain continues to use these same sort of methods to shield its mind form the difficult memories whenever they pop, building use on top of each of years and years, to the point of developing 1 or more personalities outside the original one to deal with the memories instead.(basically)
*there is no medical cure for D.I.D.
*most doctors agree that psychotherapy is the best way to cure D.I.D.