The many colours of our JPI Family
We are one at John Paul I
Virtual Meet the Teacher
We are so grateful for our parents' engagement and interest in their children's education.
Thank you to our amazing staff who work hard to maintain relationships with our families and continue to build a welcoming and safe JPI learning community.
JPI Annual Terry Fox Run
A shout out to Senorita Herrera, Miss Koller and Mr. Vince for organizing this event for our school community!
Assessment and Reporting
Please click on the image above for more information on assessment and reporting.
Edmonton Public Library Cards
We want to thank Heather and Amy our hot lunch coordinators and all of the parents who donate their time and energy for our children!
Here is some information on our Hot Lunch Program:
- Orders MUST be placed and paid online a week prior to the hot lunch through Healthy Hunger website. After this time, there are no cancellations or refunds. (No cash refunds available in the office)
- If your child is absent, you can make arrangements to pick-up or give the order to another student. If we do not hear from you, your child’s lunch will be kept in the fridge until the next time they are at school.
- If a field trip is booked, we will always do our best to inform you and give you the opportunity to cancel and get a refund but we do not guarantee that we will be able to accommodate.
- If you cancel your order one week in advance, you will receive a credit through Healthy Hunger.
- Below is the link on how to sign your child up for Hot Lunch Program. Please make sure to select your child's correct classroom.
Please note that if you registered your child in the previous years, you will still have to register again through this link.
Connecting literature to other learning experiences in 4B and 4C
Individual expression related to literature shared in class.
Cross Curricular Instruction
The Dot is about getting started — getting unstuck. It is also about creative teaching, exploring an idea in many ways, and sharing our gifts with others..
Students make personal connections to the read aloud.
If we believe in ourselves we can do great things!
Grade 3 Literature and Art cross curricular conection
Grade 3 students used our theme book for the year, "Giant Steps to Change the World," to reflect on how they will journey through their school year .
How to make their world a better place
This week we continued our focus on Learning the parts of the Mass.
Here is a link to the song our students have been learning over the past two weeks. You can use it to practice at home!
HP Chromebooks – Compugen ECSD Parent Portal
First Reconciliation & First Holy Eucharist
Fall Session 2021
The Catholic Parish of Corpus Christi
2707 34 Street NW, Edmonton, Alberta T6T 1P5
Phone: 780.466.7576 Fax: 587.754.1670
Requirements for Registration
1. Registration for First Reconciliation & First Holy Eucharist form
2. PIPA Registration and Participation Form – Appendix 907B
3. Participation Consent Form and Release – Appendix 907C
The first 3 requirements are available at the parish office,
or online at http://www.corpuschristi-edm.ca/Ministries/sacraments
4. a copy of your child’s Baptismal certificate
5. $20 for each sacramental preparation book & materials ($40 for both)
6. a copy of your child’s First Reconciliation certificate (if received)
¬ Ensure your email address is clearly written on the registration form.
¬ Once you have all the requirements, meet with Sister Delia at the parish office to finalize your child’s registration.
Preparing for Lessons
Your child will receive the following workbook(s):
· Reconciliation/Confession: My Booklet about God’s Love and Forgiveness
· First Holy Eucharist/Communion: My Booklet about the Sacrament of the Holy Eucharist
Ensure your child has completed the readings and activities in the workbooks before attending each lesson, so your child is able to participate and answer questions.
For information about late bus notifications, please visit our website https://www.ecsd.net/page/34228/transportation-services-bus-delay-notifications, which includes instructions on downloading the new BusPlanner Delays app.
JPI Traffic and Parking
JPI Parking Lot
Escuela John Paul I School Council...
On Wednesday, we held our first Parent Council Meeting. Despite the restrictions, we were able to meet on Teams and we had 26 parents join us remotely!
All parents are welcome to join our meetings and the link is always shared out to our parent community via SWIFT messaging.
This year we welcome a new Parent Council Chair, Fayaz Kaba who son is in Grade 1!
Please look for information on our next meeting, held on November 3 at 6:00 PM. Please use this link to join us.
These 90 minute online sessions are intended to provide parents, caregivers, teachers, and community members with introductory information regarding mental health challenges that can affect children and youth. This month’s topics are ‘Building Executive Skills: Promoting Success in Learning’, and ‘Technology and the Teenage Brain: Digital Wellness for Families’.
In our 60 minute lunchtime webinars, we will be looking at how parents and caregivers can support healthy sleep hygiene and scheduling through our two-part series, ‘Sleep and Your Family’s Mental Health’. With these two-part sessions, participants are welcome to register for one or both sessions. At the end of September, we are also offering a lunchtime session on ‘More than Just a Bad Day: Understanding Depression in Adolescents’.
This fall, we are offering two different session series. Starting Wednesday, Sep 15, we are offering our four-part series on ‘Understanding Anxiety’ and on Thursday, Sep 16, we will begin our seven-part series on “Mental Health and Resiliency”. These evening sessions run for 90 minutes and participants are welcome to register for one, more, or all of the sessions in the series.
- Caregiver Handout: Going Back to School During COVID-19 – Fall 2021
As children and youth go back to school this fall, many parents and caregivers have concerns about how to help their kids adjust to the change, especially as COVID-19 is still having an impact on our communities. To support families in this transition, a handout is attached to this email that offers tips for helping parents and caregivers to prepare, inform, and support their children and youth towards a successful return to the classroom.
- Virtual Meet the Teacher
- 6:30-7:30 - Two presentations
- Teams link will be provided to you by your child's teacher
- Truth and Reconciliation School Wide Celebration
- Orange Shirt Day recognition: students wear orange shirts today
- National Day of Truth and Reconciliation
- No School
- Picture Day
- Individual Pictures
- School wide Thanksgiving Celebration
- Thanksgiving Day No School today
- Healthy Hunger Hot Lunch - Edo