Walt Disney's Life
Who was Walt Disney?
Walt Disney was born on December 5, 1901 in Chicago Illinois, to his father Elias Disney, and mother Flora Call Disney. Walt was one of five children, four boys and a girl. After Walt's birth, the Disney family moved to Marceline Missouri, Walt lived most of his childhood here.
Mickey Mouse is a funny animal cartoon character and the official mascot of The Walt Disney Company. He was created by Walt Disney and Ub lwerks at the Walt Disney Studios in 1928.
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever."
- Disney was a train fanatic. His fascination began as a child, when he would watch the trains pass by near his house. His uncle, a train conductor, would blow the whistle as a greeting. Later, as an adult, Disney built a miniature steam railroad in the backyard of his L.A. home. Seeing the joy it brought his daughters, he became determined to incorporate a monorail into Disneyland.
- Disney's final words remain a bizarre mystery. On his deathbed, he wrote the name "Kurt Russell" on a piece of paper. Even Kurt Russell himself is perplexed regarding the meaning. He was a child actor at the time of Disney's death, having just recently signed on with Disney studios.
- He changed the lives of so many people. Though maybe none more than his own housekeeper. His live-in housekeeper, Thelma Howard, served his family for 30 years, and he would give her Disney shares as holiday bonuses. When she died in 1994, her estate was found to be worth more than $9 million. Half of that went to her son, and the rest, having herself grown up in extreme poverty, went to help homeless and disadvantaged children.
Information About Walt Disney
Political Ideology: Republican
Born: December 05, 1901
Died At Age: 65
Sun Sign: Sagittarius
Born In: Chicago
Died: December 15, 1966
Place Of Death: Burbank
Father: Elias Disney
Mother: Flora Call Disney
Siblings: Herbert Disney, Raymond Disney, Roy Disney, Oliver Disney, Ruth Disney
Spouse: Lillian Bounds (1925-1966)
Children: Diane Disney, Sharon Disney
Education: Benton Grammar School, Kansas City Art Institute School of the Art Institute of Chicago
Net worth: $5 Billion
Awards: 1953 - Cecil B. DeMille Award - 7 Emmy Awards - 22 Academy Awards
2. the first sound movie with Mickey Mouse is in the Jazz Singer in 1927
3. his first cartoon with sound was Steamboat Willie
4. theaters created a club called Mickey mouse club
5. Academy Award for Flower and Trees because it was the first film to be shot in Technicolor
6. 1937, Walt's first full length movie was Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. The movie won a special Academy Award
7. 1937, Walt was put on the cover of Time Magazine.