Enter DETERMINED! Exit PREPARED!
About the Month of April
April is the 4th month of the year and has 30 days.
Season (Northern Hemisphere):
- April Fools' Day
- Autism Awareness Day
- Earth Day
- Arbor Day
- National Poetry Month
- National Arab American Heritage Month
- Teacher Appreciation Week
- Jazz Appreciation Month
- Alcohol Awareness Month
- Cancer Control Month
Symbols of April
Flower: Daisy and the sweet pea
Zodiac signs: Aries and Taurus
History: In the initial Roman calendar April was the second month of the year until January and February were added in 700 BC. It is thought that the name April comes from the Latin word "to open" and describes the trees opening at springtime. It could also be that the name comes from the Greek goddess Aphrodite.
April in Other Languages
- Chinese (Mandarin) - sìyuè
- Danish - april
- French - avril
- Italian - aprile
- Latin - Aprilis
- Spanish - abril
Saxon: Eosturmonath (Easter month)
Fun Facts about April:
- It is the second month of spring.It is a time of planting and spring cleaning.
- In the Southern Hemisphere, April is the same as October in the Northern Hemisphere.
- The diamond of April symbolizes innoncence.
- The Boston Marathon is held during April.
- In Ancient Rome the month of April was sacred to the goddess Venus.
- The Japanese fiscal year for most businesses starts on April 1st.
- In England there are many cuckoo festivals. The arrival of the cuckoo bird in April is a signal that spring has arrived.
- April is the month when the professional baseball season begins in the United States.
Virtual Week at Fulton County Library from Mar 29 – Apr 4.
#RACE2READ We have broken 7.2 MILLION MINUTES on our quest to 10 million minutes read and logged in the 2020-2021 #RACE2Read challenge. How many minutes have YOU logged?
Local Memphis Author Gives Away FREE children's book that introduces children to STEM, Engineering, & More
FREE Copy of Brown Money Book: https://warnwilson.files.wordpress.com/2021/01/brown-money-by-warn-wilson-jr.pdf
Brown Money book link on website: https://warnwilson.com/books/