Hawk Happenings: Sept. 13th
Holy Rosary Regional School/Juan Diego Academy Community
Message from the Principal - Sept. 13, 2017
We are really starting to settle in to the new school year. The chocolate sale is all set to kick off this Friday with an afternoon assembly. Next Tuesday is our annual Back to School Night, where you will have a chance to meet the members of our Parent Service Club, meet our entire staff, and find out about exciting, upcoming events at school this year. I hope you can join us. It is a busy start to the year, but things are going well. We are 2 - 3 weeks from having our elevator working. Also, the tree planting from our Depave project will be at the end of October. It will be wonderful to see a beautiful wall of trees instead of the gray freeway wall! Good things are happening at HRRS/JDA. We couldn't do it without you, so thank you for all you do to support our community.
Have a wonderful week.
- Thursday, Sept. 14th - Spirit/Seahawks Gear
- Friday, Sept. 15th - Federal Meals Application DUE TODAY, 9 am All School Mass, Chocolate Sale Kick-Off Assembly at 2 pm (EVERY child will receive a box of chocolate to sell)
- Tuesday, Sept. 19th - Back to School Night at 6pm (see below for more info), Electives begin for Middle School students
- Don't forget, Father Wagner is having mass on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 7:15 am every week!
Statements Go Home Today!
Drop Off and Pick Up Concerns!
- A handful of students are being dropped off before 7:45 am and being left UNATTENDED in the back parking lot. This cannot happen. It is unsafe. Students cannot exit cars and go to the safety square until a staff member is outside at 7:45 am. No exceptions, please. Also, if you drop off students before 7:45 am or pick up after 3:15, this is a reminder that you will be billed for Extended Care. The drop in rate for Extended Care is $20 per hour with a 1 hour minimum.
- If parents need to exit their car for any reason (even to let a child out), you must park your car and walk the child to the safety square. This slows down the other cars who are doing quick drop offs/pick ups.
Thank you for your understanding. We need to all work together to make things safe and efficient.
- You can fill out the paper form each month and send it in for us to enter and track
- You can enter your hours directly on RenWeb by following the step-by-step instructions (thanks, Berenice!)
Back to School Night is Tuesday, Sept. 19th
Back to School Night is an important event for all parents/guardians. It is an opportunity to find out more about exciting events this school year, as well as volunteer opportunities and "who's who" at the school. Here is the schedule:
When: Sept. 19th
- 6 pm - 6:25 pm Presentation of Staff and Parent Service Club Members (Auditorium)
- 6:30 pm - 6:45 pm Round 1 of Teacher Presentations in Classrooms
- 6:50 pm - 7:05 pm Round 2 of Teacher Presentations in Classrooms
- 7:10 pm - 7:25 pm Round 3 of Teacher Presentations in Classrooms
- 7:30 pm Depart for Home
You will have the opportunity to attend up to 3 different classroom sessions. If you only want to attend one, you are welcome to leave after the first one. Unfortunately, child care will not be provided. This is an ADULTS ONLY event.
Each parent who attends, will receive 2 service hours for the 17-18 school year.
From the Development Director:
Welcome back to all of our returning families and a warm welcome to the new families joining our school community. My name is Sarah McKinney and I am the Development Director for the school. I am responsible for the school's large fundraising events, which include the Annual Fund Appeal, Crab Feed/Auction, and the Gala. You will hear more about these events throughout the year and I often solicit families to help volunteer. Some of this information will be repetitive to returning families, but I wanted to be sure that our new families were aware of the following:
Like us on Facebook! We share a lot of great information here along with posting photos of our wonderful students. You can find us at: https://www.facebook.com/HolyRosaryTacoma/
The school receives a portion of any purchases made. Just be sure when you shop you login at smile.amazon.com
Sick Students (Please Read)
The health and safety of every individual in our school community is of utmost importance to us. Considering these issues, the school has the following policies and programs in place to meet most health and safety issues for our community.
Students should not be sent to school if any of the following symptoms are present: fever, diarrhea, severe cough, vomiting, and headache. Children should not return to school until 24 hours after running a temperature over 100 degrees. All cases of lice must receive treatment prior to returning to school.
Chocolate Sale Begins!!
Friday, Sep. 15th, 2pm
504 South 30th Street
All students will receive one box of chocolate that they need to sell. We will have prizes for the top 3 sellers in the school:
1st Place - Drone
2nd Place - Wild Waves Pass
3rd Place - Movie Tickets
Each box of chocolate is valued at $60 and each family is responsible for selling at least $100 for the fall fundraiser. If you only have one child at the school, you will either need to sell two boxes or sell one box and pay the remaining $40. If you would like more boxes to sell, please just send an email to Berenice at firstname.lastname@example.org or send a note in to the office.
Thank you to Leianna Perkins-Muse for running this major fundraiser and to Shanan O'Driscoll Hedges for your assistance!