Titan Tidbits - Parents
Week 16: December 2-6, 2019
As stated in our Student Handbook, students are not permitted to re-enter school for belongings left that day.
HERE is the link to our Compassion Tree Sign-up Genius
If you have questions in regards to donations, please reach out to Kristen Motte, School Counselor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
An Anti-Vape Advocate
Scholastic Book Fair is HERE!!!
- Tues 12/3 - Fri 12/13 = 7:15am - 2pm All classes will have an opportunity to shop during their scheduled Media rotations. They may also take their bookbag to class and then go in the mornings.
- This year, we are introducing the EWallet! It's a great concept very similar to an e-gift card, allowing kids to shop CASH FREE! Parents/family members create an online account with a preset dollar amount, any unused $$ will be credited back to the purchaser at the conclusion of the book fair. To enroll, log on to our website at: CLICK HERE
Please note that you CAN shop at the Book Fair with your child if you plan to come to Holiday Lunch on Friday, December 13.
Volunteers are needed for the Book Fair, CLICK HERE to sign up as a volunteer, our students and staff would greatly appreciate the help! Please note that we need volunteers throughout the day so that we can keep the Book Fair open... we are also still in need of a few volunteers for tomorrow, December 2.
2nd Annual Holiday Lunch
As we expect this event to be highly attended, we ask that you arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your child’s lunch time. Please remember that your child’s lunch time IS different than the normal time.
Please look for our Holiday Lunch S'more to come out on Wednesday, December 4. This will provide information about purchasing lunch, parking, etc.
Saturday, Feb. 8th 2020 at 12pm
3187 Colonel Springs Way
Fort Mill, SC
Car Line Reminders
Please note that there is not an adult on duty in the mornings until 7:05. Because of this, children should not be dropped off at school through the car rider line prior to this time.
- Do not get out of your car in the car line. If your child needs assistance getting out, please pull to the end of the line where a faculty member will be there to assist.
- Please pull all the way down in the line and do not stop half way to let your students out of the car.
- Your child should be prepared (with book bag and lunchbox ready to go) to get out of the car when the car stops.
- We have noticed an increased number of cars getting to school between 7:25 and 7:35 due to our cooler temperatures. Please consider arriving earlier as the traffic in the car rider line from 7:10-7:20 is sparse. Our instructional day begins at 7:35 and students are considered tardy if they arrive after 7:35. If we could get about 100 more cars to drop off between 7:10 and 7:20, we think that we would notice a decrease in the congestion later in the line. If you are able to get into our car line ten minutes earlier, we would greatly appreciate it.
- Remember, if your child is not in the building by 7:35, you are supposed to park and sign your child in at the office. Our School Resource Officer is working to have you do this. Please be respectful of her as she is there to help.
- Please make sure that you are having your children exit on the passenger side of your car. If you have something blocking the passenger door, please consider moving this so your child can exit with ease. Some people get impatient and go around cars in the car rider line and it is dangerous. Parents should not be getting out of the cars to help their students get out of the car.
- You should not switch lanes because you think one is going faster than the other.
Thanks to everyone that has worked hard to get here on time and has their child(ren) ready to get out of their vehicle. Please also remember that you may choose to walk, bike, or have your child(ren) ride the bus if you don't want to/have time to go through the car rider line.
Whether you attended our Watch DOGS kickoff event or not, we hope that you will participate in this exciting program by volunteering one or more days this school year as a Watch DOG. Please visit our Sign Up Calendar for more information and to choose a date to volunteer that works for you. You must complete a FMSD Volunteer Screening and sign up for a duty date on the sign up calendar to serve as a Watch DOG.
CLICK HERE for the calendar link to sign up to be a Watch DOG!
If you did not order your shirt, you may purchase one on the day you serve as a Watch DOG for $20 (credit/debit preferred, exact cash/check accepted). Uniform shirts are required so you will be easily identifiable by teachers, staff, and students. Financial assistance available upon request.
If you have any questions about this opportunity to make an impact at Tega Cay Elementary School, please contact Kristen Motte (School Counselor & Watch DOG Program Coordinator) at email@example.com.
Save the Dates!
December 2-13: Book Fair
December 2: School Improvement Council Meeting @ 2:45
December 10: Spirit Night at Danny's Pizza from 5-8 pm
Friday, December 13: 2nd Annual Holiday Lunch (more info to come) & Family Walk/Bike to School Day
Friday, December 13: Deadline to turn in items for Compassion Tree
December 17 and 18: Holiday Shop (more info to come)
December 19 - January 3: Winter Break
January 6: Student's return from Winter Break
January 13: School Improvement Council Meeting at 2:45 in the Media Center
January 17 & 20: MLK Holiday, No School
January 23: Spirit Night at McDonald's
January 24: Family Walk/Bike to School Day
January 25: Choir performs at Charlotte Checkers game 6:00
January 31: 3rd, 4th, and 5th Grade Dance
- February 3: School Improvement Council Meeting at 2:45 in the Media Center
- February 3: #JustaChicken Assembly (books will be sold this day but CLICK HERE to see the website with more information
- February 8: Polar Plunge at the Baxter YMCA (we will be putting a jar in the office to begin collecting donations for Special Olympics)
- February 11 & 12: Valentine's Day Grams will be sold on the Stage during lunch
February 17: No School for Students and Staff
February 19: Clubs, Candids, and Fifth Grade Pano Picture
February 28: Family Walk/Bike to School Day
- March 2: School Improvement Council Meeting at 2:45 in the Media Center
- March 4: Spring and Class Picture Day
- March 7: FMSD Chili Cookoff
- March 9-12: Teacher Appreciation Week
- March 11 and 12: Kindergarten Registration
- March 13: No School for Students
- March 20: PTO General Meeting at 7:45 am at TCES-Cafeteria
- March 24-29: PTO Online Auction
- March 27: Family Walk/Bike to School Day
- April 2: Spirit Night at Danny's Pizza
- April 6-13: Spring Break
- April 14: Square Art One Packets go home and due back on April 24 (PTO will send out additional information)
- April 24: Family Walk/Bike to School Day & Square Art One One deadline to order
- April 27-May 8: Book Fair
- May 2: Choir performs; Strawberry Festival 10:00 am and Choir performs; Charlotte Knights Game 6:00 pm
- May 4: School Improvement Council Meeting at 2:45 in the Media Center
- May 8: Middle School Visits for 5th Grade
- May 11-20: State Testing, more information later
- May 15: PTO General Meeting at 7:45 am at TCES-Cafeteria
- May 22: Family Walk/Bike to School Day
- May 25: Memorial Day, No School
- May 27: Field Day: Kindergarten and First Grades 8:00-10:30 and Second and Third Grades 11:30-2:00
- May 27: Spirit Night at Bruster's
- May 28: Field Day: Fourth and Fifth Grades 8:30-11:30
- June 3: ½ Day Dismissal at 11:00 am
- June 3: Fifth Grade Promotion @ 8:30 am
- June 4: ½ Day Dismissal at 11:00 am
Vision, Mission, and Core Values
Students, staff, and community will strive to be knowledge seekers and problem solvers in an environment that supports inquiry and risk-taking, while respecting the fundamental values and uniqueness of all individuals.
challenge Excellence, and
maintain a Student-Driven focus
TCES Core Values: