What's Going On At Holling Heights 10/2/2020
Parents please help us out
- Check your email consistently and read all information carefully
- Ensure that each morning your child has a clean mask to wear to school
- Ensure that each morning your child has a clean water bottle (drinking fountains will not be able to be used but students can fill their water bottles)
- When you are on school property be in a mask yourself
- Respect the distance of other people when on school property
Note From Mrs. Logan
Next week we wrap up First Quarter. It is amazing how fast this school year is going by. Your child has accomplished so much. We can't wait to share their progress with you at Parent-Teacher Conferences. Please ensure that you have taken the following steps to make Parent Teacher Conferences a great experience.
- Sign up for Conferences- Directions
- Download Zoom on your Device prior to conferences- See directions below
- Sign up to help donate for teacher meals during conference week https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0e49ada729a02-holling2
Important Conference Information for Parents- Download ZOOM
With conferences approaching, we want to make sure and maximize your time with your child's teacher. Conferencing via Zoom is new to most of us, so there may be bumps along the way, but we will be as proactive as possible.
For you to have the best conference experience, we found that downloading the Zoom Cloud Meetings app to whatever device you will use for conferences (computer, tablet, or phone) will allow you to join meetings with one click. If you have already used Zoom successfully, you do not need to do anything more. If you have never used Zoom,
- Please try to download the Zoom app to your device as soon as possible.
- Test it out by clicking on this Zoom link. After you click the link, you may be prompted to open the link in Zoom.
- You should receive a message saying you are waiting for the host to start the meeting or that the meeting hasn't started yet. When you see that message, you may go ahead and tap Leave to exit the meeting; this is just a test link to make sure your device is Zoom ready.
- You will receive your teacher's conference link as we get closer to conference time. Conference Zoom meetings will use a waiting room feature, and your child's teacher will let you into your conference at your designated time.
If you have any questions or need assistance with the Zoom Cloud Meetings app, please feel free to contact Mrs. Hunt at firstname.lastname@example.org. To ensure your email is not missed, please type Zoom Assistance in the subject line. We appreciate your taking these extra steps, and we look forward to talking with you soon.
Counseling Lessons For October
This month our classroom counseling lessons in grades K-5 will focus on skills of resilience, coping skills, and how to get help for oneself and/or a friend. These lessons are intended to educate students on feelings of stress, worry, sadness, how to cope with such feelings, and how to ask for help if needed. Please talk with your child about these feelings, and reinforce appropriate coping strategies such as talking with a trusted adult, exercising, or doing an activity they enjoy. These lessons tie very closely with our school wide use of the Zones of Regulation Language and our social emotional learning practices. You can also find helpful coping resources and information on the Holling Heights SEL webpage or Mrs. Karloff’s webpage.
Please contact Mrs. Karloff with any questions!
In addition to free breakfast and lunches offered Monday through Friday, the USDA will support a free breakfast and lunch for Saturday and Sunday. This benefit will be available to both the in-school students and the community for curbside pick up. For ease of distribution and storage, the meals will be served as a kit containing all of the menu components and for easy transport.
In-school students will have two options for picking up the weekend meals:
Option 1 (preferred)
Families can submit a request through the weekend meal order form. Completing this order form will guarantee that the student(s) receive a weekend meal kit. They can pick up the food from the satellite station (similar to grab n go breakfast) that will be setup in the building.
Students exiting the building can stop by the satellite station and pick up one available weekend meal kit per student. Un reserved meal kits will be on a first come, first serve basis. Each kitchen will adjust production amounts from week to week based on individual building needs. The students have the option to grab a kit as they exit the building and staff will only need to mark the student as a tally.
Weekend meals for in-school students will not be distributed on October 13th. Families will have the option to order for curbside pick up.
- If you child is home sick and you want make-up work please reach out to the teacher as we have in years past. Zoom and synchronized learning is set up for designated remote learners, not students who are home ill for a day or two.
Do you need support during these challenging times?
School supplies and other needs -
If you listed needing assistance when registering your child through online enrollment, Mrs. Karloff or Mrs. Anderson will be reaching out to you. If you did not complete that section of registration or your needs have changed, please contact either of them or the office at any time. email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org