Hailey Parent Update
Reopening Update - July 30, 2020
Roadmap for Hailey
In the next weeks, additional information will be provided in order to "Ramp Up to Reopening". In order to Ramp Up to Reopening, we will be inviting small groups of students onto the campus after communication with parents. This will allow for safety procedures to be practiced and implemented to ensure safety and consistency. At this time, we are also working on assigning homerooms based on family selection of Traditional Learning or Remote/Online Learning. Information for Meet the Teacher Night, Parent Information Night, and Kindergarten 101 will be provided in the upcoming weeks.
Thank you for your patience as we continue to work diligently in preparing a safe learning environment for students and staff. And remember, Once a Hailey Comet, Always a Hailey Comet.
Instruction from August 12 through September 4
Online Vs. Traditional Learning
Traditional Learners are students whose parents have selected a face-toface learning experience and are physically on campus. This is termed “In-person Instruction.”
Intermittent remote learning is for students who have selected in-person instruction but are having to participate in remote learning due to circumstances that has caused a school closure or delay in opening physically.
Remote/Online students are students whose parents have selected an online learning experience, and students will not be physically on campus.
What does learning look like?
Traditional In-Person Learners
Students will begin face-to-face instruction no later than September 8, 2020 as long as health conditions permit.
Students will receive direct instruction, weekly schedules, small group instruction, and collaborative/guided instruction through traditional methods that adhere to District guidelines including the use of face coverings and social distancing.
- Intermittent Remote Learning for Traditional In-Person Learners
- Students will receive a weekly schedule with daily task lists to help students and parents structure their day.
- Weekly course task lists/schedules will be published (Seesaw/Canvas) the Friday prior to the next week’s instruction.
- Parents may choose to alter this schedule based on family needs as long as the student is engaged each day and tasks are completed by the due date.
- Attendance will not be determined by whether or not a child logs in at a given time but rather if the student has engaged (Canvas, Seesaw, email/phone correspondence) within a 24-hour period.
Remote/Online learning students
A weekly course schedule will be developed with daily task lists to help students and parents structure their day so that times are defined for student interaction and the opportunity to engage.
Engagement may be defined as real-time (synchronous) direct instruction lessons, collaborative/guided practice or working independently on class assignments or assessments.
Course schedules will be published (Seesaw/Canvas) the Friday prior to the next week’s instruction.
Parents may choose to alter this schedule based on family needs as long as the student is engaged each day and tasks are completed by the due date.
Teachers may ask students to engage in real-time (synchronous) learning using a virtual platform such as Zoom or Canvas Conference. Should a student be unable to meet at a given time, he/she can engage in pre-recorded lessons within the LMS (Seesaw/Canvas) or can directly communicate with the teacher to determine a mutually agreed upon time to review academic content needs.
Attendance will not be determined by whether or not a child logs in at a given time but rather if the student has engaged (Canvas, Seesaw, email/phone correspondence) within a 24-hour period.
Safety Guidelines for Hailey Traditional In-Person Learning
Hailey Procedures for Face to Face Instruction
Each classroom will have hand sanitizer available for students and staff.
Students and staff will sanitize their hands upon entering the classroom.
Each student will have a supply container for their own school supplies. Students will not share daily supplies (pencils, scissors, glue, etc). All materials are individual – no community buckets or sharing.
Students in desks should not face each other.
Each student will have an assigned desk or clearly labeled portion of a table providing as much distance as possible between students.
Teachers will keep a seating chart to indicate proximity of students in case of needed contact tracing.
Tape will be used on the carpet to indicate spacing distances when the class lines up to transition.
Teachers will develop a system for cleaning of shared supplies.
Adults must wear facemask or face covering at all times when kids are present.
Safety Procedures for Hailey Cafeteria
Hailey Cafeteria Procedures
Grades 1-4 will eat in the classroom, PK and K will eat in the cafeteria.
Students will be assigned seats and regular seating charts maintained.
Custodial staff will provide supplies for students to clean desks after eating.
Specific staff member will be assigned to escort lunch buying students to to the cafeteria to pick up lunch
Students who do not bring lunch will become lunch buyers. Parents will not be allowed to drop off meals
Students will use hand sanitizer before eating
Consideration will be given to students with food allergies
Safety Guidelines for Visitors to Hailey Elementary
Only visitors essential to school operations will be permitted to enter CISD facilities.
Schools will utilize virtual meeting options when possible to reduce the number of campus visitors.
All individuals entering the building must wear a face mask covering their mouth and nose.
Visitors will be required to complete a COVID-19 screening form in the reception area prior to entering the building.
Parents needing to drop items off for a student will contact the school to arrange a curbside pick-up.
Visitors and staff will maintain appropriate social distancing for ARD and other meetings.
Deliveries to students including lunches will be limited and on an emergency basis only. Students forgetting lunches will be allowed to charge a meal in the cafeteria.
Parent organization meetings will be held virtually to minimize outside contact.
Meal Distribution and Lunch Changes
Meal and Lunch Changes
- Free Curbside Meal Distribution will continue Tuesday/ Thursday 10-12 through August 11 at Caney Creek High, Oak Ridge High and Sam Houston Elementary.
- Beginning Thursday, August 13, breakfast and lunch meals will be available curbside at Hailey Elementary for students to purchase or free to students who qualify.
- Meals will be available on the bus ramp Tuesdays and Thursdays 10 a.m. until noon
- Multiple meals will be distributed on pick up days.
- Tuesday: 2 breakfast meals/ 2 lunch meals
- Thursday: 3 breakfast meals/ 3 lunch meals
- A student meal card located in Parent Access must be presented to scan and identify the student when meals are picked up.
- This can be printed on paper or presented electronically on a phone.
- No change will be made for cash transactions- any change will be applied to student's meal account. Pre-payments can be made at www.myschoolbucks.com
- Meal prices and the free and reduced meal application are available on the child nutrition website. https://www.conroeisd.net/department/child-nutrition/
- This information will be available on the district website and social media in English and Spanish.
- The drop date for students to use Free and Reduced benefits from last year is September 24. After this, students will be a "paid status" until a new application is completed.
- Pre K students are not automatically free this year. An application is required.
CISD Parent Access Center
By logging into Parent Access, you can check your child's grades, assignments, and attendance.
If you do not have an account, please register for one.
To access your child’s information online you must register for an account.
Please go to the following link and follow the directions below:
Click the “Student/Parent” tab
Click on “Parent Access Center”
Pre-Ordered School Supplies
We will be working with Hailey PTA to distribute pre-ordered school supplies. We want families who need access to supplies before we return to in-person and virtual learning to have them. More detailed information will come.
The content on the Roadmap to Reopening webpages is designed to provide information relevant for the 2020-2021 school year.
This form is for Hailey families who wish to request the use of a Chromebook during online learning. This form allows requests for a Chromebook for those selecting in-person learning.
There is still no information from Lifetouch on when we can expect our yearbook. We have emailed and/or called once a week since May, but they still cannot give us any sort of time frame on when we should expect our books. The only response we get is that it is in production. Please be assured that all deadlines were met for this book and the final was submitted before its due date. At this time, we are at the mercy of Liftouch and their production of our books. I know that it is frustrating, but as soon as there is an update with more information we will let you know. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Click the link below to support Best Buddies!
We all need a friend. But not everyone has one. It can be hard for people with intellectual/developmental disabilities to make connections. BB matches them with a peer volunteer to form a "buddy pair". Register to walk or make a donation today!
2020-2021 Hailey Dress Code
The Student Dress Code is in place at Hailey Elementary in order to provide a safe, healthy and productive environment where all children can learn.
- Shoes are not to include flip-flops, crocs, backless sandals, shoes with wheels, or shoes with heels that are higher than one inch.
- If girls wear a dress to school, shorts must be worn under the dress at all times.
- The shoulder strap of a shirt must be approximately three fingers wide.
- For safety purposes, student’s bangs should be short enough so their eyes can be seen.
Inappropriate dress includes:
- No mid-riff tops, thin strap shirts, tank tops, halters, see-through shirts, or any clothing advertising alcohol, tobacco, or suggestive sayings printed on them.
- Shirts should be long enough to meet the top of the pants/jeans and cover the full stomach and pants/jeans should be high enough in front and back to completely cover the child’s bottom when sitting.
- No droopy or sagging pants, or “low-rider” pants. Low fitting pants should appropriately cover the student.
- The length of shorts, miniskirts, dresses, and split skirts must be to the bottom of the student’s fingertips.
- Spandex cannot be worn alone without shorts over them. Shorts over the spandex must be to the bottom of the student’s fingertips.
- Hats or caps are not to be worn at school. The exception will be special “Hat Days” for the whole school to wear hats or caps.
Hailey Elementary Theme for 2020-2021
Click for a handy guide of at-home Arts activities from all across the Arts community. New links will be added each day.
Interfaith of The Woodlands
Our offices remain OPEN every weekday as we provide basic needs to South Montgomery County.
Our hours are 9am - 4pm, Monday - Friday. All of our services are "curbside" or by phone.
Our goal is to continue to serve our neighbors in need.
Families and individuals seeking food assistance: 281-367-1230
Seniors needing food: 832-615-8224
Families and Seniors needing financial assistance: 281-367-1230
Individuals needing non-COVID-19 related medical or dental assistance: 281-364-7889
Individuals needing help to find a job: Call our Workforce Solutions Conroe office at 936-441-0037 or email: email@example.com
Please visit the Interfaith of the Woodlands website for more information on assistance and donations.
CISD Health Services General Information Health Service Call Line
Monday - Friday
8am - 3pm
Nurses will be answering calls and providing CDC and DSHS information as well as other informational sources.
Conroe ISD is monitoring the evolving situation regarding 2019 Novel Coronavirus. Families are encouraged to visit the CDC website for more information and guidance regarding COVID-19.
Sam K. Hailey Elementary
12051 Sawmill Road The Woodlands, TX 77380
Office: 832-663-4100 Fax: 832-663-4199 Bus Barn: 832-592-8800
The Conroe Independent School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding these non-discrimination policies: Title IX Coordinator, 3205 W. Davis, Conroe, Texas 77304; (936)-709-7700 and the Section 504/ADA Coordinator, 3205 W. Davis, Conroe, Texas 77304; (936) 709-7670.