Data Driven Instruction & Student Data Folders
Please enroll in the Canvas course for the pilot.
Please click on the orange button directly below to self-enroll in the Canvas course for the spring semester pilot if you haven't done so already. Think of this "course" as a resource portal for you and your campus. You will be able to see the resources and preparations that your teachers are participating in, as well as participate yourself in the discussions that are there. We will be revisiting the information in this Canvas course at all of the MPMs for the rest of the year. If you need assistance enrolling or navigating, please ask your campus Digital Learning Specialist.
Canvas course with discussions, resources, rubrics, and more to help 8th and 10th teachers and coaches prepare to blend!
Timeline for 8th grade and 10th grade launch!
8th & 10th roll out timeline for Year 2 Raising Blended Learners grant implementation
Data Folders, Conferencing, & Student Agency
Considerations for the student data folders:
- students need to have access to them
- each campus PLC may decide how they want to implement the folder as far as specific charts, data used, and paper vs. digital
- student reflection and goal setting needs to happen somehow
Google Slides presentation about Data Folders & Student Agency
How Can You Support Your Teachers with this Pillar?
- Provide manila folders if your teachers need them.
- At the end of the month, ask to see some sample folders and talk with teachers about their observations.
- Walk-through ELAR classes and see how students are using the folders.
- If you think your teachers need more (or different) support, please email Tosh or Cheryl and we will work with you on their specific needs. Open communication is crucial.
- Celebrate your teachers' and students' progress with this pillar. (Weekly newsletter? Instagram? Twitter? Shout out in faculty meeting?)