Computer Components And More!
Team Blaise Pascal
Here is a list of different computer scientists and what they did...
- Tim Berners-Lee. (Invented the world wide web.)
- Alan Turing. (Created a robotic brain to crack the German's codes.)
- Blaise Pacal. (Clarified the concepts of pressue and vaccum.)
- Ada Lovelace. (Her notes contained the first algorithm intended to be processed by a machine.)
- Charles Babbage. (Called the father of the computer.)
- Grace Hopper. (developed the first compiler.)
- Seymour Cray. (In the past he made the fast computer in the world.)
Here is a list of different computer components and what they do...
- Mother Board. (The main circuit in the computer.)
- CPU. (The computer's brain.)
- Hard Drive. (The main storage.)
- RAM. (Another storage place and where you load up data while you run the software.)
- Video Card. (Controls the display monitor.)
- Floppy Disk Drive. (Where you insert the floppy disks.)
- Power Supply. (Where the power supply is made and used.)
Key words and what they mean...
- Input. (Enters a process.)
- Output. (Exits a process.)
Four generations of computers...
- Generation one: The first ever electronic computer called 'Colossus' was created during the second world war and looks really complicated. Afterwards it was destroyed! There is now a recreated Colossus in a museum.
- Generation two: The next kind of computer were 'Transistors' which replaced giant machines proving computers have been going down in size since the beginning!
- Generation three: Transistors were shrunk and placed on siliconchips called semiconductors which increased the speed.
- Generation four: Microprocessors were invented and thousands of integated circuits were put on to one silicon chip.
Forth from the top...
Third from the top... (Also the computer scientist are team is named after.)
Third from the bottom...
- Charles Babbage says that you have done very well. Have great details! :-)
- Grace Hopper says this is very colourful and has a lot of useful information...
- Seymour Cray this has great description and colour.