GC Call for Choral Compositions
Georgia College Choral Ensembles, Milledgeville, GA
RESULTS OF OUR 2015 CALL
The Georgia College Choral Ensembles is privileged to announce the works selected from its inaugural call for scores. The compositions listed below will be performed on the choirs' spring concert entitled, Music Lives, on Saturday, April 16 in Milledgeville at First Baptist Church. Congratulations to all of the composers who submitted works and thank you for such an inspiring review of a variety of outstanding choral music. In the process of making final decisions, we choose pieces that fit our ensembles and the flow of the concert. We received over 200 entries from extremely talented composers and our decisions were difficult.
Rich Campbell – Heaven
Stephen Cohn – Divided in War
Dominic Dousa – The Tears of Heaven
Joshua Fishbein – A Prep-School Boy
Kayla Jessop – Evening Star
David H. Johnson – Jerusalem Trio
Carrie Magin – The Snow Is Deep on the Ground
Cannon McClain – Refuge
Matthew Orlovich – Butterflies Dance
Paul John Rudoi – Miniyama Nayo
Review Deadline: December 1, 2015
The Georgia College Choral Ensembles invites submissions for its inaugural call for scores from all living composers. Selected entries will be performed on the choirs' spring concert entitled, Music Lives, on Saturday, April 16 in Milledgeville at First Baptist Church.
- No submission fee
- Only one submission per composer
- The composition may be a cappella, for keyboard or solo instruments (electro-acoustic works will not be considered).
- A piano reduction and/or audio file or link (MIDI acceptable) is recommended for review.
- Works must be for mixed choir or women's choir ( see ensemble descriptions below).
- Works must not exceed six (6) minutes.
- Single movements from larger works, not to exceed six (6) minutes, are acceptable.
- Text must either be in public domain or the composer must have permission to use it.
- Approximately twelve works may be chosen for the concert.
- Each selected composer must submit final copies of choral score, accompaniment score (including piano reduction for rehearsal) and/or obbligato parts within two (2) weeks of selection.
- Each selected composer will be invited to attend rehearsal(s) in person or by video conference, and/or meet with the choir, and/or be present for the performance.
- Chosen composers will be notified by January 1, 2016.
- Name, phone number, mailing address, and email address
- Full score as PDF
- Title, instrumentation, and duration of work
- URL to a recording or MIDI file of the piece
- If you have trouble submitting to choral @gcsu.edu, please submit to email@example.com.
Please RSVP if you are considering submitting a composition. Thanks!
Tuesday, Dec. 1st 2015 at 11:45pm
This is an online event.
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
Max Noah Singers
MNS takes a performance, recruiting, and outreach tour each year; past destinations include Nashville, TN; Charlotte, NC; Cincinnati and Columbus, OH; Orlando, FL (Walt Disney World); Washington, D.C.; and New York City. MNS will be making a four-day performance, outreach, and recruiting tour in December after finals around middle Georgia. MNS will also be traveling to Hungary and Austria in May 2016. Eight members of MNS also represent Georgia College at the annual GMEA All-College Chorus. Members of Max Noah are also required to enroll in University Chorus and commit to the groups for the entire school year. MNS rehearses three times a week, Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 12-12:50 p.m., in Porter 304.