SOAR LIKE AN EAGLE!
Monday, May 2, 2022
Pinewood Derby and Scout Join Night
Come check out what Pack 63 and Cub Scouting have to offer at our Spring Join Night and Community Pinewood Derby. Boys and girls are welcome to come race a prebuilt car, or feel free to bring your own. We love seeing parents’ childhood cars.
While the kids are racing, Pack 63 leaders will be available to talk about how Cub Scouting helps the kids and the community. This year the Pack spread 10 yards of mulch before school started, donated gift cards to Rose Glen families in need around the holidays, and ran parking for the CBBQ. We performed over 100 hours of service to Rose Glen alone. Scouting is a great opportunity to learn new skills and make new friends.
Want more information or ready to sign up? Check out our JOIN PAGE and follow the link to register.
May Dining Nights (updated!)
Wednesday, May 18th: Saz’s Traveling Drive Thru
Location: Rose Glen Parking Lot
-Preorder now through 1pm on May 18th at https://sazs.com/drivethru
-See flyer for more ordering details.
-Check out the menu here.
Monday, May 23: Culver’s Night
Location: 840 W Sunset Dr, Waukesha, WI 53189
**Rose Glen will receive 10% of ALL sales during this time. No flyer needed. Includes dining in and drive thru sales.
Thursday, May 26th: Papa Murphy’s
Location: 804 W Sunset Dr Suite 120, Waukesha, WI 53189
**No flyer needed. Rose Glen will receive a minimum of 10% of sales.
Lost and Found
Morning Drop-Off - Front of School Parking Lot - Important
- Handicap Parking Spot - We have noticed many vehicles parking in our Handicap Parking Spaces in the front. There have been times in recent weeks were families that need this spot have not been able to park and unload because another vehicle was occupying this spot.
- Park and Walk - Make sure that you park your car in a parking spot and walk your child to the sidewalk. There is a crosswalk available to walk your child to the front sidewalk/entry of the building. We have noticed an increase in families letting their child out of the car and their child walking through the parking lot without an adult.
- Do not walk in front of the busses. The only exception to this is the crosswalk where there is a Stop Sign for the busses.The spaces between the busses is small and going between the busses is dangerous. It is challenging for the bus drivers to see directly in front of the bus.
- Drop-off is reserved for the busses. Cars should not be in the bus drop-off lane. This impedes the flow of bus traffic. Busses cannot pass cars or any other vehicle. If you park in the bus lane, then this holds up traffic for all.
Again, we highly encourage families to use Walker's Circle if you are dropping off. Our doors are open to students at 8:30 and Walker's Circle is a much easier and safer option for students.
Please do not be offended if we provide you with a friendly reminder and remember that our goal is to keep all students safe. We know that mornings can be challenging and we appreciate all that you do to get your child to school in a timely manner. It really does make a positive difference! We appreciate you working with us to create the safest experience that we can for all during this busy time.
Important Dates for 5th Graders Going to Les Paul Next Year!
The "SafeArrival" system works in conjunction with our district messaging system (School Messenger). It reduces the time it takes to verify student attendance, makes it easier for you to report your child’s absence and makes it easier for staff to respond to unexplained student absences. We would love to have all of our families using this system.
Pre-Excused Absences: If you know your child is going to be absent and you want to report that before the student is marked absent in school, Safe Arrival provides three convenient methods:
1. Using your mobile device, download and install the SchoolMessenger app from the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store (or from the links at https://go.schoolmessenger.com). The first time you use the app, select Sign Up to create your account. Select Attendance then Report an Absence.
2. Use the SafeArrival website, https://go.schoolmessenger.com. The first time you use the website, select Sign Up to create your account. Select Attendance then Report an Absence.
3. Call the toll-free number 1-866-490-7371 to report an absence using the automated phone system. These options are available 24 hours/day, 7 days a week.
Future absences can be reported at any time.
Post-Excused Absences: If you were not able to report your child’s absence in advance you will be notified by the SchoolMessenger system if your child is marked absent.
You are notified of a reported absence within minutes of the reported absence.
The School Messenger app or the website will allow families to customize where they want to receive their notifications and allow them to excuse the absence right from the notification.
If you report your child’s absence in advance using the SafeArrival toll-free number, website or mobile app, you will NOT receive these notifications.
Safe Arrival Support - 262-970-1073 or ITHelpDesk@waukesha.k12.wi.us
Dear SDW Eligible Bus Families,
As the colder weather approaches, we would like to remind you about the continued partnership with our transportation provider. FirstView is a bus tracking and parent communications app for your smartphone or desktop.
In order for you to track your student’s bus you will need the following information:
- Your student’s ID
- Your student’s FirstView Security Code
Please click on the link below for more information about FirstView and step by step directions on how to get started.
Once you have the above information, you are ready to download the app. Here are some of the current features the app has to offer:
- Live Tracking
The FirstView map screen shows you the live location and direction of your student’s bus, your student's stop schedule for the current day, and timestamps for school arrivals and departures. You’ll know when the bus gets to school in the morning and leaves in the afternoon!
- Predictive Stop Arrival Times
Analyzing route and real-time GPS data, it determines an estimated time of arrival to your stop provided on the FirstView map.
- Custom Alerts and Messages
Set up push or email notifications alerting you when your student's bus is a chosen distance or number of minutes away from your stop.
FirstView requires a password-protected account for app set-up. This way, only you can view your student’s stop!
One last reminder, parent cooperation, and support is the foundation of a successful ride. We ask that you review the COVID-19 Information and School BusSafety Rules with your child(ren).
School District of Waukesha - Transportation Office
Breakfast and Lunch Menus
Earn Money for our School with Scrip, Box Tops, and Coke Rewards!
Monday, May 9th - Friday, May 13th - Scholastic Book Fair
Wednesday, May 18th - Saz's Drive Thru @ Rose Glen
Monday, May 23rd - Culver's Dining Night
Thursday, May 26th - Papa Murphy's Dining Night
Friday, May 27th - Early Release Day (Grades 1-5 students released at 1:40 p.m. No school for K4 p.m. students)
Monday, May 30th - No School - Memorial Day Holiday
Tuesday, May 31st - PTO Meeting - 6:30 p.m. - Media Center
Thursday, June 9th - Last Day of School