5TH GRADE NEWS
FEBRUARY 5 - 9
Wednesday, 2/7 - Friday, 2/9 -- Jekyll Island Field Trip
Wednesday, 2/14 -- Class Valentine's Party @ 9:00-9:45
Monday, 2/19 - Friday, 2/23 -- Winter Break (No School)
Monday, 2/5 -- Write Score
Thursday, 2/15 -- Science: Matter & Metric System Test
Friday, 2/16 -- ELA: Commas Quiz
Our schedule has changed slightly due to the additional 30 minutes. The morning will remain the same. However, our afternoon specials have shifted. From 12:55-1:20, students will work on Moby Max (an online program), remediation, or enrichment activities provided by myself or Mrs. Schirmer. From 1:25-2:10, students will attend STEAM on Mondays, French on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, and Writer's Workshop on Thursdays and Fridays. From 2:15-3:00, students will attend specials.
* Please reference the packing list. If you need an extra, contact Mrs. Akin.
* Remember to pack navy, 5th grade, Jackson shirt.
* Buses depart at 5:30 am this Wednesday, February 7th.
* Snacks will be provided on the bus, but students are welcome to bring their own.
* No cell phones or electronic devices.
* All medications will be administered by Mr. McBride. Medications must be submitted to the school nurse by end of day, Tuesday, February 6th. No medications will be accepted the morning of the trip.
* Mrs. Schirmer or I will send a message on DOJO on Friday, February 9th, to let you know when we are returning to Jackson. It will likely be sometime between 5:00 and 6:00 pm.
* Any students not attending the field trip, will work with Mrs. Treibel and Ms. Preiss.