Fossil Rim Update
Note that was sent home
Fossil Rim Information
It’s almost time for our trip to Fossil Rim!!
Remember it will be on Thursday, April 30th
Please read carefully:
All students are expected to meet in the cafeteria promptly at 6:30 a.m. that morning. The buses will depart Cottonwood Creek promptly at 6:45 a.m.
Latecomers will have to find an alternative method of transportation to Fossil Rim as we have to report to the visitor’s center in a punctual fashion.
We will be returning to campus around 4:30 p.m., so please make arrangements for your child to be picked up at Cottonwood Creek. If your child will be picked up by someone besides yourself please send an e-mail to your child’s teacher. Please be aware that the arrival can change due to traffic. Your child’s teacher will keep you up to date as the day moves along.
WHAT TO PACK/BRING:
· Students will be required to bring everything in one backpack. As we will be walking for the majority of the day, we suggest that the backpack remain lightweight and free of any excess items.
· Wear your red CCE shirt (or any red shirt)
· Comfortable walking shoes with socks (no flip flops or sandals)
· Suntan Lotion (come to school that morning with lotion already applied)
· Insect repelling spray or lotion
· Disposable sack lunch with NAME (we suggest a plastic type bag that won’t break)
· 2 water bottles (with name)
· 2 snacks (with name)
· Baseball cap or visor
· Spending money for gift shop (optional)
· NO umbrellas (if the weather will be rainy that day, a rain poncho is fine to bring)
· Disposable camera (optional)
· Small pillow/blanket for bus ride
· If your child has a cellphone that you would like for them to have for communication purposes, this will be allowed. HOWEVER these are only to be used for contact purposes as we get close to Coppell
Special Request: Since our student attendance exceeds the maximum class size for the Day Camp session, Fossil Rim asks that we only bring the students and teachers on this field trip. We do encourage that you take your whole family someday. After your 4th grader’s experience, you will have a well-educated, free tour guide.
If you have any questions, please contact your child’s teacher.
Thank you for helping to make this a fun day for the 4th Grade students of CCE!!
If you have not sent me a cell phone number that is best to use for our field trip please do so as soon as possible. I need the best number to reach you at in case of an emergency and to keep you posted throughout the day.
Drop off and Pick-up
It is very important to have your child here at 6:30. Buses leave promptly at 6:45. Please, please make arrangements to have them at CCE by then. Also, buses will be back by 4:30. If we are going to be earlier or any later than planned you will receive a text. It is important that you make arrangements for someone to be here when we return. If you child will be going home with someone else or will be attending the YMCA please send in a note or e-mail. We want all students safe and accounted for.