Serrano Winter Break STEM Challenge
FACEBOOK POST 12.14
SERRANO STEM CHALLENGE - Over Break
Audri's Rube Goldberg Monster Trap
Over the three week holiday break, I challenge you to make a Rube Goldberg machine. Watch the video above to find out what a Rube Goldberg Machine is and here are your parameters:
- You must include a hypothesis of successes and failures (like in the video)
- You must collect data on successes and failures (like in the video)
- Your machine must have at least five different, CREATIVE, reactions (ex. ball rolls and hits lever to turn on power - THAT IS ONE)
- Your Rube Goldberg must be video taped to include the ENTIRE machine, the student narrating it and a successful trial and loaded to YouTube (if you do not know how to load a video to YouTube, watch: https://youtu.be/oZvBuqRxaPs or videos are very easy to load from smart phone)
- Your video can be no more than 5 minutes
- VIDEO submissions will not be accepted through email so please try the link early if you foresee technical issues.
- VIDEOS are due by SUNDAY, January 10th at 11:59pm (automatic folder close... please don't be up at 11:59pm on the Sunday before school returns :) )
- Click below for video submission link
The videos submitted will be sent to Villa Park High School and a winning video will be determined. Your Rube Goldberg submission will be judged on the following:
1) Did you follow all of the requirements?
2) Were you thoughtful in your Rube Goldberg creation?
3) Were you creative?
The winning K-1, 2-3, and 4-6 submission will enjoy LUNCH with the PRINCIPAL upon return!