Patterson Elementary Announcements
Patterson Announcements May 17, 2022
2022 IPSD Fine Arts Festival is May 21, 2022
Thanks to our sponsor, the Indian Prairie Education Foundation (IPEF), This is a free event for all. We hope to see you there!
On Line Registration Now Open
Moving? Please call us to let us know Today! 630-428-6500.
Support Patterson and sign up to be a PTA member for the 2022-23 school year! Click the link above to join.
KANE COUNTY COUGARS TICKETS
Questions? email email@example.com
Important Patterson Dates:
May 17 - 5th gr. field trip to visit Gregory M.S.
May 20 - Patterson 5th Grade Sock Hop 2:00 (Rain or shine)
May 20 - Pictures with Pete (Only for students in KN & First Grade)
May 21 - 9:00am - 4:00pm NVHS. IPSD #204 Fine Arts Festival Sponsored by IPEF
May 24 - Kindergarten 22-23 Screenings 8:15 am -3:30pm - by appointment
Third Grade Living History Museum - Patterson Gym/MPR 7:30 pm
May 26 - Field Day
May 27 - Field Day rain date AND The Chorus sings at the Kane County Cougars Game 6:30 pm
May 30 - No School - Memorial Day
June 1 - 2:00pm on black top (bring a lawn chair) 5th Grade Celebration;
Last Day of School for Students, iReady scores will be posted in Parentvue!
LMC News-Important Information for the End of the Year!
End of the year info!
- If your student is MOVING to a new school (out of Patterson) please let us know. We will need to collect your student's Chromebook
- If your student is LEAVING school early this year...you are required to turn in their Chromebook over the summer. Your student will receive theirs next school year.
- Chromebooks will go home with Grades 1-4 over the summer. There will be NO tech support over the summer.
- Per the district KDG students will get theirs next year in 1st grade.
- Outgoing 5th graders will turn their Chromebooks and chargers in on May 27. If they are not returned, the district will be charging PushCoin accounts.
- District learning applications will be available until July 27 on SSO.
- All LMC books and textbooks outstanding will be marked lost on June 8 and charged to PushCoin. This is a district wide policy.
Keep on Reading!
5th Graders!!! Look at an exciting opportunity at Gregory Middle School LMC!
It's time to start getting your Summer Reading books!!! Incoming 6th grade Pioneers are invited to meet Mrs. Bevan and check out books from Gregory's LMC on Monday, June 6th from 9:30 AM - 11:00 AM.
Here's what you need to know:
- Your library account MUST be clear (no overdue books or fines)
- You may take 8 books for the summer! These are due August 19th!
- There are A LOT of ways to earn rewards for your reading! See the slideshow for more information!!!!
I can't wait to hear all about the books you read this coming fall!!!
Esther F. Bevan (she/her) BSEd, MAT, MLIS | LMC Director, Gregory Middle School
Currently reading: An Occasionally Happy Family by Cliff Burke
Just finished reading: Too Bright to See by Kyle Lukoff
You'll Be the Death of Me by Karen M. McManus
These Violent Delights by Chloe Gong
Moonflower Murders by Anthony Horowitz
Hour of the Witch by Chris Bohjalian
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." ~Groucho Marx
SCHOOL SUPPLY KITS with a New Vendor!
All students K-5 will need wired headphones, there is an option to include headphones with your supply kit!
Questions? email firstname.lastname@example.org
Students in grades 3-5 will need an assignment notebook for next year. Purchase by clicking this button. Assignment notebooks will be delivered to classrooms in August. Questions? email email@example.com
5th Grade Sock Hop Snack
School Supply Kits can be ordered for 5th grade students heading to Gregory in the Fall. Click on the button to order. School code: Gregory Middle School
every student gets Book & Math Packs for the summer!!!
KINDERGARTEN SCREENINGS for 2022-23 Kindergarteners
All families pre-registered for Kindergarten in 2022-23 should have received an email invitation to sign up via Sign Up Genius!
Any questions, please reach out to Michelle Hebenstreit, Student Service Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
Spring Arrival and Dismisal Reminders
Field Day Popsicle Ingredients
STEM Camp- Summer, 2022!
Kindergarten through Eighth-grade students are invited to participate in a week-long STEM Camp. This fun hands-on experience will focus on the various elements of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) and will be taught by Indian Prairie certified teachers.
The camp will be offered twice this summer:
Session 1: June 20 - 23 8:30 - 11:30 am
Hill Middle School
Session 2: July 25-28 8:30-11:30 am
Crone Middle School
Cost: $125 per student
To learn more about this program, or to register, please use this link:
5th Grade Yard Signs
Email email@example.com if you are interested!
LAST CHANCE TO ORDER YOUR YEARBOOK! Order by 5/20!
MARK YOUR CALENDARS FOR ANDY'S FROZEN CUSTARD ON JUNE 1ST!
Connect with PTA!
Visit our Google page at patterson.ipsd.org. Click on PTA!
Please share with any neighbors that do not currently have students at Patterson. Thank you!
Nominate a Staff Member for the A+ Award!
In 2014, the Indian Prairie Educational Foundation teamed up with District 204 and sponsor Wells Fargo Advisors to recognize the positive impact of educators. New to the program this year, one staff member from each of the elementary, middle and high school levels will be recognized each month.
- We welcome nominations from parents, alumni and community members, and strongly encourage students to submit nominations as well. A+ Award Nominations must include an essay (of 50-500 words) describing how this staff member has positively impacted students. District 204 staff members are not eligible to submit nominations.
- Nominations are rolling. All nominations submitted will be kept for consideration until the end of the current school year.
- Nominees must be currently employed by District 204.
- Nominations will be shared with those you nominate.