WMS RedHawk Update
July 9, 2021
10 Things to Do Before School Starts!
We are gearing up for the school year! To get to the starting line, there are several things we need you to do. Take a look below and contact us in the main office (331-228-3700) if you have questions.
#1: Register Your RedHawk! Complete the Annual Student Registration Update form located in the Parent Tab on the District website
#2: Time to look for…
- Locks, heart rate monitor straps, calculators
- If your 7th or 8th grader needs one, please use this form to make the request. (Please read the top of the form carefully.)
# 3: Use PushCoin to:
- Pay School Registration Fees
- 2021-2022 Yearbook (optional)
- 6th graders - Outdoor Education
- Band Instrument Rental (if renting a school instrument)
- Orchestra Instrument Rental (for ALL cello & bass payers )
- 7th & 8th graders purchase replacement locks, heart rate monitor straps, or calculators
#3.5: Be sure to sign-up for a time for Material Pick-up Days (see below for dates and times) using Pick-a-Time.
#4: Buy a backpack and learn about lockers!
- One of the interesting results of the pandemic is that we have learned how to better manage lockers and backpacks. We are going to shift our expectations for lockers next year so that students come to class prepared and ready, and have minimal locker distractions. (Most high school students will tell you they never even use their lockers!) Our expectations are that:
- Students will access their lockers before school, once around lunch time/tutorial, and at the end of the day.
- Students will carry a backpack with them which will have materials for one half of the day, plus class supplies (pen, pencil, markers, scissors, etc.). Rolling backpacks or regular backpacks are just fine! (Now that we have wide, individual desks, backpacks can easily fit under desks.)
- If 7th or 8th grade students do not want a locker, and parents agree, that is fine with us as long as they are able to stay organized. Please email Mary Volmer at firstname.lastname@example.org if your child does not want to use a locker.
#6: Complete Dental Exams: All 6th grade students must present proof of a dental examination by May 15th of the school year.
#7: Complete Athletic Physicals, if needed: If your child is planning on participating in a sport, they need a current physical. Please turn in physicals to Mrs. Johnson in the main office prior to the start of your sport. If you are unsure if your child’s physical is current, contact Mrs. Johnson at 331-228-5129 or email@example.com.
#8: Sign-up for Athletic Camps: It is not too late to sign up for a camp which includes basketball, football, volleyball, cross-country, and cheerleading! Don’t wait, sign up as soon as you can to reserve your spot. Registration is through the webstore/push coin.
#9: Pick-up any Yearbooks, Awards or 7th Grade T-shirts: We will send a reminder email out to all families. We need these all picked-up by July 15.
#10: Order School Supplies from SchoolToolBox.com: This is the fastest and easiest way to get school supplies shipped directly to you! If not, you can find our school supply list towards the bottom of this page.
SAVE THESE DATES!
Material-Pickup Dates and Times - Sign up for a time to come in here. Please join us on August 3rd, 8:30 to 12 Noon or 2:00 to 7:00PM or August 4th from 2:00 to 7:00PM for our Material Pick-up Days! This is when you can:
Pick-up locks, heart rate monitor straps, and calculators (free to 6th graders and new students to D303!)
Get lockers ready (see below for more information)
HAVE YOUR PICTURE TAKEN! (Yes, these are our picture days for the year… make-ups will be September 9th)
Learn about WMS Clubs and Activities!
Join our AMAZING PTO
Jump Start - August 3 to August 5th (by invite for some 6th and 7th graders)
6th Grade WEB orientation August 9th from 6:00 to 7:30PM
Back-To-School Night August 25th for 6th grade
Back-To-School Night August 26th for 7th & 8th grades
Picture Retakes September 9th
Parent Teacher Conferences October 7th from 8:00AM to 8:00PM; October 8th from 8:00AM to 12 Noon.
6th Grade Outdoor Education: October 29th for Team 6-3, November 2nd for Team 6-2, November 9th for Team 6-1 and November 15th for Team 6-4
Attention all Redhawks! We have new exciting spirit wear designs! Our online sale will run Aug 3 – Aug 18, be on the lookout for more information along with a link to the store. You won’t want to miss it! We will be selling some samples at material pickup days on Aug 3 and Aug 4 – come and see us in the spirit wear tent!
Wredling Middle School - Home of the RedHawks